Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lookin for the loudest/best air horn

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM
redultra02
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nutsandbolts5212
IMO, FLAFIREFIGHTER can do what he wants. If he wants to ask a question, go ahead. If he wants to search, go ahead. That's the beauty of this country, which is slowly slipping away. Anyway, welcome to the forum, FFF. Ride on and ride safe.
You are so CORRECT great reply

Old 12-15-2010, 05:02 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Another search advocate.
I'm a search advocate also. I say that because sometimes the same question will get more reponses on one day than it will when someone else post it say a month or six months later. Anyway a post or search is fine by me I don't pay the bills here. lol

Old 12-15-2010, 05:07 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nutsandbolts5212
IMO, FLAFIREFIGHTER can do what he wants. If he wants to ask a question, go ahead. If he wants to search, go ahead. That's the beauty of this country, which is slowly slipping away. Anyway, welcome to the forum, FFF. Ride on and ride safe.
I think the message was welcome to a new member and just informing him that there is a "search" option to get additional information.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:21 PM
URLUZN
Novice

Mini Beast 2. First, I bought the Mini Beast 5 which had Black Wrinkle Paint and Raw Fins to match the engine. But just did not look right, so I went with the chrome mini 2. Great air horns. Easy to install.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Slayer dude
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This train horn in a car is funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYcnYLK_50

Old 12-15-2010, 09:53 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wildcat465
Try howard's horns (http://howardshorns.com) dynamic duo horns. They claim be be 1000 times louder than stock horns. You can even play a sound clip on their site.

Word of caution on these. I have them on my '09 RKC and have for 2 years. Here's the "problem". The spun aluminum mounting bracket with gasket they provide to mount the compressor/horns breaks pretty regularly. Seems the part can't handle the vibration over time. FWIW...my unit has the bugles mounted in front of the "bell" and the compressor is behind the bell.

Mine broke off during a ride about 300 miles after owning the bike. Dealer replaced it and I've had no problems since, but will definitely make a change when the compressor or the bracket fails.

My friend put this horn on her '09 RG (against the advice of the parts guy who has run into this issue before on top of alleged poor customer service/bad attitude) and her bracket broke twice! Needless to say, when she returned from the trip the 2nd time it broke, she went with the advice of the parts guy at our dealer and bought herself a horn from ProPads. Our parts guy and my tech report good results. It's plenty loud too.

Lastly, before all these problems with mine and my friends, I'd recommended Howard's Hogs Horns to my brother to put on his '09 CVO Ultra. You guessed it...thing broke off at the bracket in short order. After replacing the bracket...I recently got a call from him for another horn recommendation because his HHH eventually gave up the ghost...sounds like the compressor went out as it sounded "puny". I hear that happens with many air horns when water gets in them. FWIW...my brothers bike is more of a "garage ornament" save a few road trips now and again. And, he lives in Santa Fe...dry and arid. He ordered the pro pad horn and installed it himself and loves it.

All that is to say...I'd stay away from the brand...my group's experience is 0 for 4.

It is loud though. No doubt about that! If they would just fix that darn bracket, I'd recommend it.

I have a Stebel on my R1200 GS and it's extremely loud. Bike is new so I don't have much real experience with it. Still, I have the opinion it'll hold up pretty well from my research. Most GS rider's ride the heck out of them...water, mud, etc...and it's one of the most highly recommended brands on the ADVrider Forum.

Last edited by monstead; 12-15-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Tirpitz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some are going to a stock car horn you can get from any auto parts store, the car horns are 132 decibles. They should fit behind the stock cow bell, but check to make sure. Having said that I have the Mini Pro Pad air horn shaped like the twin cam and so far so good.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:34 AM
coliseum
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a Rivco Air horn... lasted a couple of months... had some sand or dust enter the membrane and I tried everything short of sending it back, nothing worked...

I just installed the Kuryakyn Wolo Bad boy... as loud, easy to install and sounds and looks great!

Cost around $79?

unlike the rivco, it all comes in one compact piece.

Last edited by coliseum; 12-16-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:14 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Howard horns on my 09 RKC with 45k and no problems with anything breaking.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:24 AM
BenBoosted
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the Howards on my bike. The bracket recently broke. I had a friend tig it back together but the air compressor is weak and needs to be replaced. 2 repairs on this horn in the past 2 months and I'm ready to chunk it in favor of something that works.

Quick Reply: Lookin for the loudest/best air horn