Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHOW OFF your roadking

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:02 PM
AmmoHouse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2012 King

I gotta save some money for fat spokes!

Attached Thumbnails SHOW OFF your roadking-00404_2i6k9e57guz_600x450.jpg  
Old 03-24-2015, 09:09 PM
RK_2014
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AmmoHouse
2012 King

I gotta save some money for fat spokes!

Old 03-24-2015, 11:44 PM
Thickraybans
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadie09
Is that a rear tire on the front? It looks a little wide for a stock front tire.
Yes it is. You have a keen eye. I wanted to fill up the front fender a little. No one makes a front in the size I wanted.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:24 AM
s.ga.rider
Tourer

My 06 custom that I was servicing on my new lift I picked up off Craig's list. Thats the day before our 10 hour ride to Daytona bike week and back

Old 03-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TKDKurt
How was riding on the beach? I was in Daytona too, but didn't take mine on the beach.
It was definitely a "learning curve" kind of thing. The hard sand wasn't a problem, but the patches of soft sand, especially at the entrances and exits, were a little challenging. I managed to stay upright but my buddy dropped his Ultra 3 times. In his defense- all the beer was in one saddlebag so he was off balance. It didn't hurt a thing dropping it in the sand, except maybe his pride.
I'm glad I did it, one of the coolest things I've done on my bike, but of course now there's sand in strange places for awhile.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Loc_Tite

Daytona Beach this year.
STUNNING RK! Well done sir, well done.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:32 AM
c130loader
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beary
I am not fan of yellow except the day I parked next to a yellow RKCustom. Infact, I looked seriously at trading my 09 RK for the yellow SG (2013 I think) until I saw it in person. A yellow fairing was just a bit too much yellow for me.

I'm excited to see your next picture with the yellow bags.

Beary
I'll post pics ASAP which will be in about 90 days when I get home.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the bike online but when I went to look at and saw it in the sun, oh yeah.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:04 PM
CanonSterVA
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It was definitely a "learning curve" kind of thing. The hard sand wasn't a problem, but the patches of soft sand, especially at the entrances and exits, were a little challenging. I managed to stay upright but my buddy dropped his Ultra 3 times. In his defense- all the beer was in one saddlebag so he was off balance. It didn't hurt a thing dropping it in the sand, except maybe his pride.
I'm glad I did it, one of the coolest things I've done on my bike, but of course now there's sand in strange places for awhile.
Beautiful bike and a great picture.
Getting rid of the sand may take a while.
It goes everywhere.

Myron

Old 03-25-2015, 01:00 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

What you describe is why I didn't want to try it. I've taken a 4 wheel drive SUV onto the beach at the northern end of the Outer Banks in North Carolina and, just as you describe, there was a pit of very soft sand right where the ramp dumped onto the beach. I did OK, but saw several cars get stuck and had to help push them out. I didn't want to mess with that with the bike (let alone the "sand everywhere" issue especially with a long ride back to Northern Virginia ahead of me. But I'll bet it was fun while you were out there!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:42 AM
dFRESHb
Novice

Brand new HD owner ��!
2015 Road King. Spoke wheel option, but stock so far.

1st beach ride. 2015 Road King. Deerfield Beach Florida 3/22/15

Quick Reply: SHOW OFF your roadking