Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHOW OFF your roadking

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 05:20 PM
seanl
Road Master
Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

I put some coastal miles on the 18s today...definitely sharper handling than stock.

And yes, I do get that it's not exactly the nostalgic look, but for me, it's a nice change from spokes and WWs. I think in car terms it will end up as a 'restomod' or something like that. The nice thing is that my spokes are packed away with all my stock parts and can be easily re-installed should the need or desire occur.

Last edited by seanl; 05-12-2017 at 06:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rauchman (08-10-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 06:29 PM
cc_Penguin
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The bike is yours and you're making it what you want. I dig it, looks great!!!!

Old 05-14-2017, 09:48 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

dont get me wrong...i like your after market wheels much better than stock....but u can see my bike and know im not personally into the retro look

Old 05-14-2017, 05:52 PM
KYBill
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Your wheels look great. I like my spokes but your wheels are much more practical.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:08 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Received 6,487 Likes on 2,704 Posts

Originally Posted by seanl
I put some coastal miles on the 18s today...definitely sharper handling than stock.

And yes, I do get that it's not exactly the nostalgic look, but for me, it's a nice change from spokes and WWs. I think in car terms it will end up as a 'restomod' or something like that. The nice thing is that my spokes are packed away with all my stock parts and can be easily re-installed should the need or desire occur.

I did the same thing with my RKC!

Great looking bike btw

Old 05-14-2017, 10:47 PM
seanl
Road Master
Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

Thanks guys I'm really happy with the looks and how it handles. I think it actually was better handling than my riding buddy's '16 Street Glide as he was scraping quite a bit and I didn't scrape once - though I was fairly gentle with the new tires. That 1" of shock height makes a big difference.

So my riding buddy has this '16 SG, stock except AC and slip one. I had to work a little keep up on the back roads power wise. It wasnt terrible but he sure seems to have more bottom end.

For mods I have a complete Fuel Moto exhaust 2-1-2 w/ 4" Jackpots, Big Sucker, and PC-V.

My bike runs great, much better than when it was stock. As such, I am hesitant to crack open the little 96 because at 11K miles she's got a lot of life left, especially since I only ride a few thousand miles a year.

does the Fuel Moto 107 kit make sense, or would be wiser just to buy a crate engine and put away the 96 for down the road or in case I ever decided to sell?

I dont need big power, and torque is King - I like a lot of bottom end and mid range.

I am super confident in Fuel Moto based on my previous experience with them - and they have a nice 107 Kit that would probably be fun for my riding style.

So, while not thinking about selling (this was a 20 year bike in my eyes when i bought with 6k miles) does the engine work impact the bikes long-term value?

Old 05-14-2017, 10:59 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts
Old 05-15-2017, 03:20 AM
Castor Troy
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I am about to trade in my Iron 883 for this Rk, anyone can guess what was the MGF year ?

Old 05-15-2017, 04:41 AM
jessultra
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

bike looks great , and that view wow

Old 05-15-2017, 06:39 AM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks guys I'm really happy with the looks and how it handles. I think it actually was better handling than my riding buddy's '16 Street Glide as he was scraping quite a bit and I didn't scrape once - though I was fairly gentle with the new tires. That 1" of shock height makes a big difference.

So my riding buddy has this '16 SG, stock except AC and slip one. I had to work a little keep up on the back roads power wise. It wasnt terrible but he sure seems to have more bottom end.

For mods I have a complete Fuel Moto exhaust 2-1-2 w/ 4" Jackpots, Big Sucker, and PC-V.

My bike runs great, much better than when it was stock. As such, I am hesitant to crack open the little 96 because at 11K miles she's got a lot of life left, especially since I only ride a few thousand miles a year.

does the Fuel Moto 107 kit make sense, or would be wiser just to buy a crate engine and put away the 96 for down the road or in case I ever decided to sell?

I dont need big power, and torque is King - I like a lot of bottom end and mid range.

I am super confident in Fuel Moto based on my previous experience with them - and they have a nice 107 Kit that would probably be fun for my riding style.

So, while not thinking about selling (this was a 20 year bike in my eyes when i bought with 6k miles) does the engine work impact the bikes long-term value?
Drop in a Andrews 48 cam, adjustable push rods and a GOOD tune, will get you 104 lbs. + on the torque side, you will discover the transmission has 6 gears.

Quick Reply: SHOW OFF your roadking