Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHOW OFF your roadking

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Rip53
Advanced
Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts

Got it

Old 05-09-2017, 07:33 AM
twilson
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my baby before the wreck 7 wks ago 😣
'02​​​​​' FLHRP
Along the Chilhowee Skyway
Along the Blue Ridge Pkwy

Old 05-09-2017, 07:42 AM
twilson
Intermediate

And here's what she's looking like today. Not there yet but we'll on the way 🤗 Will be up and riding soon

Have the extended side covers to go with the bags but not on in picture

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (05-12-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 09:05 AM
seanl
Road Master
Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by BCRK
Seanl, I agree with Whiskers, BB's are not for everyone, but WO 518's would look sharp on your bike (which looks great BTW). Bag guard rails would also compliment, but I'm not sure the front fender rail would go with the wheel. Would be nice to see some photoshop options.
Great input guys. I've ordered the Motherwell rear fender luggage rack. I also need to decide on which saddlebag guard rails to buy, there's a ton of choices out there.

I'm going to hold off on both the front and rear fender rails for now, as I don't want to detract from my new wheels.

I'm also wanting to change out the stock football a/c cover. I've got a Fuel Moto set up underneath, but I'd like a billet style a/c.

I'll post up a pic once I get the motherwell rack, it will be here in about a week.

Last edited by seanl; 05-09-2017 at 09:08 AM.
rauchman (11-12-2017)
Old 05-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 305 Likes on 219 Posts

She is a Beauty...for sure. I have always been a spoke guy. But I am liking those rims!!!!

Old 05-10-2017, 07:12 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by twilson
Wow, those smooth edge bags are a real game changer. Most have very sharp edges, like the stock bags. Those are much smoother flowing and really work well on your bike.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:56 AM
twilson
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Wow, those smooth edge bags are a real game changer. Most have very sharp edges, like the stock bags. Those are much smoother flowing and really work well on your bike.
Thank You Bikerlaw. I really appriciate it. I did a lot of research before I pulled the trigger on these and I'm Very Happy w them. Verry verry well made!!! I am in no affiliated w this company but i will give them well deserved prips evetrime i get a chance. They're lil pricy but Well Worth It! The painter is very happy w them as well. Not only did they come w trunk / speaker box liner type carpet in them but they also have a false bottom built in as well. Thats goung to be nice not having to dig around in the bottom for stuff. The company i got them from has several different styles of bags. All of which are cool. And these bags are 14+ bags and lids made for my older style frame. Having used the hockey puckpolice lids for so long, there was no way I could go back to the cumbersome and inconvenient old style lids. A BIG THANK YOU to Everyone who suggested Topshop. (Their FB page is more up to date than their website) The only complaint I have w them is that they don't make more products for us, lol. I hope to have the king finished SOON - I'm in desperate need of some Wind Therapy 😊 and I will post pictures when I get her done - hopfully in the right thread area. Thank You Again Bikerlaw!

Old 05-12-2017, 10:24 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

Probably the last couple of pics I take before I trade it in this weekend

Old 05-12-2017, 10:55 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by seanl
what do you guys think about me adding the chrome fender and bag rail in pursuit of the Classic look? Too much chrome can't be a terrible thing? My other thought is to change out the bars to something a little lower and wider, but I've not ridden a bike with the beach style bars yet.

i think you pretty much ran away from the nostalgia look when you added those wheels...looks good as is

Old 05-12-2017, 11:11 AM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
i think you pretty much ran away from the nostalgia look when you added those wheels...looks good as is
Well, if we're talking nostalgia it could use some WW's, apes and fishtails...

INJEKTER (05-12-2017)

Quick Reply: SHOW OFF your roadking