Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII vs. PCV???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:19 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PCIII vs. PCV???

I currently have a 08 Ultra Classic, with V/H True duals, Rineharts slip ons, V/H intake and a PC III. I was going to be adding a 103, or a 107 kit with Cams. I have been told a PCV would work better for my scoot. Can someone please tell me the difference between a III and a V. Also which would work better a 103, or a 107 with the PCV?

Thanks

Old 12-08-2010, 08:40 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribed. Been wondering about this too.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:46 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Had a PC III for my 08 FLHT and worked great at the time.. The PC V was for 09 Models and not set up for 08 .. My understanding is now they will work on 08's but would be damn sure before purchasing.. I know they are smaller and have a couple more options than the PCIII ..

Old 12-08-2010, 09:22 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Check out fuelmotousa.com. You can find a complete description there.

One of the biggest differences is the AutoTune capabilities of the PCV. The AutoTune feature is an option that can be added to the PCV.

If you are not interested in the AutoTune then I'd probably stick with your PCIII as long as you can get a map for your new mods.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:23 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thundermax

Old 12-08-2010, 10:43 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

The PCV is smaller, will accommodate a map switch without the $150 "multifunction hub," and can be upgraded to Auto-Tune. It also has table adjustments for 15% TP which the PCIII did not have, and has more features (offsets for gear selection, engine temperature, etc.).

The PCV is available for any Delphi bike 2002 and up, but pre-'09 is not an option sanctioned by Dynojet. Fuel Moto packages the PCV for older Delphi bikes as "retrofit kits" with Dynojet's blessings. I've been running the PCV-AT on my '07 SG for 18 months now.

The PCIII has fundamentally identical functionality as the PCV without some of the frills and features that most riders won't even implement. If the PCIII is considered, buy the Fuel Moto tuner instead, as it is identical except for the external adjustability and costs less. When I had a PCIII I never touched the three hardware adjusters on the unit.

If I were buying today I would opt for the PCV just because it is a more contemporary design and offers more options and features. The map-switch option to me is very important, and with the PCV you just wire in any on-off switch and you can toggle between maps on-the-fly. To the OP, the PCIII will work fine with your proposed engine upgrades, and since you already have it I would keep it.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:51 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I too have the PC-V Retro running on my '08 Glide. Been for about a year now. I just installed an OEM ACC switch wired thru a relay for the map switch. I had had no problems to date!

Old 12-09-2010, 09:29 AM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
The PCV is smaller, will accommodate a map switch without the $150 "multifunction hub," and can be upgraded to Auto-Tune. It also has table adjustments for 15% TP which the PCIII did not have, and has more features (offsets for gear selection, engine temperature, etc.).

The PCV is available for any Delphi bike 2002 and up, but pre-'09 is not an option sanctioned by Dynojet. Fuel Moto packages the PCV for older Delphi bikes as "retrofit kits" with Dynojet's blessings. I've been running the PCV-AT on my '07 SG for 18 months now.

The PCIII has fundamentally identical functionality as the PCV without some of the frills and features that most riders won't even implement. If the PCIII is considered, buy the Fuel Moto tuner instead, as it is identical except for the external adjustability and costs less. When I had a PCIII I never touched the three hardware adjusters on the unit.

If I were buying today I would opt for the PCV just because it is a more contemporary design and offers more options and features. The map-switch option to me is very important, and with the PCV you just wire in any on-off switch and you can toggle between maps on-the-fly. To the OP, the PCIII will work fine with your proposed engine upgrades, and since you already have it I would keep it.
Great write up thanks. ill keep the III. if i knew how to do the "Thank you" for the ratings i would... sorry