Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FDHOG
Butcher...It looks to me that you would be scraping almost any set of headers. Not so much where the X-Pipe is, but that scrape on your front pipe would happen on any set.
No, actually it wouldn't. Never even touched with the OE set-up. Reason is, the OE set-up is angled "in" on the bottom edge. Trust me, you'll grind the floorboard supports up way before you touch the pipes. After that you'd be on your butt! All my support bracket scraping was done (mostly) before I had the X pipe on the bike. It now limits how far I can lean over. It's the only thing I truly hate about the X pipe. Bad design. My Roadie has the same header, it too is scraped up a bit. It really does touch down prematurely. And, my bikes aren't lowered. I can only imagine how bad it would be on a Street Glide or Road Glide Custom. Ouch!

---Quote (Originally by Port Dawg)---
How far are you leaning in those right hand turns?? Looks like your floorboard arm is pretty scraped up too in that picture
---End Quote---

As far as I can to make the tightest turn possible. Yeah, the floorboard supports are fairly scraped up, that just tells me about where I need to stop leaning. Now, that damn X pipe limits me even more. The motor has a rev limiter, the bike has a lean limiter!

Old 12-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Arsharknose
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can confirm the V&H power duals bump up the sound a little. I'm running stock muffs with my power duals on my new 11 RGU until I can find a quiet pair of slip ons. Approaching cautiously after reading all the changes folks go through trying to get the right sound. Not a bad sound with stockers, they've made the 10-11 mufflers much less restrictive due to the cats in the head pipe. But still want something deeper, just not too loud. Thought about some SE slip ons. So many comments on sound and it's so subjective.