Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:44 AM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

It's not a cheap setup, but I think it's worth it. Somewhere around $1100 for both.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moody31699
I have an 09 street glide and it has the 103 kit and a set of monster oval slip ons and stock header pipes, has any one run the vance and hines power duals u know the pipes with the x chamber on them and if so how are they I was thinking of switching to a whole rinehart exhaust but have heard the monster ovals are a great set of mufflers and want to change my header pipes just not sure what to go with and looking to get the most out of the motor as well as great sound. thanks for the info D
Umm, another Power Dual query. We have three bikes with slightly different set-ups. My two have the Power Duals, one w/Monster Ovals, and one w/Hi-Outputs. The Monster Ovals w/Power Duals runs great. HOWEVER, these damn Power Duals scrape REAL BAD in tight right-hand turns. Mine are chewed up pretty bad. Neither of my bikes are lowered like the Street Glide and the Road Glide Custom are. Those models would grind a LOT earlier than mine do now. Honestly, if I were to do it again, I'd go with just the headers that Jamie (Fuel Moto) sells so I can use my OE heat shields. Those headers have the same slant as the OE header which allows full lean when you need it. And, they flow way better than stock. Sadly they weren't available when I got mine.
Now, if you just putt-putt around and don't lean your bike much at all, then go for the looks if you like them.

hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails power duals-dscn1030.jpg   power duals-dscn1031.jpg  
Old 12-08-2010, 11:00 AM
PirateRider
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the power duals and the new 4" Reinharts on the Limited. I love it, dont notice the heat, and they sound legendary!!

Old 12-08-2010, 01:31 PM
moody31699
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for all the info, da butcher it wont let me look at ur pics but the one that i can see the bike looks great if u want u can email me some pics of it to rcboating@msn.com i would love to see more pics of it thanks again to all for there info

Old 12-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
Umm, another Power Dual query. We have three bikes with slightly different set-ups. My two have the Power Duals, one w/Monster Ovals, and one w/Hi-Outputs. The Monster Ovals w/Power Duals runs great. HOWEVER, these damn Power Duals scrape REAL BAD in tight right-hand turns. Mine are chewed up pretty bad. Neither of my bikes are lowered like the Street Glide and the Road Glide Custom are. Those models would grind a LOT earlier than mine do now. Honestly, if I were to do it again, I'd go with just the headers that Jamie (Fuel Moto) sells so I can use my OE heat shields. Those headers have the same slant as the OE header which allows full lean when you need it. And, they flow way better than stock. Sadly they weren't available when I got mine.
Now, if you just putt-putt around and don't lean your bike much at all, then go for the looks if you like them.

hope this helps

How far are you leaning in those right hand turns?? Looks like your floorboard arm is pretty scraped up too in that picture

Old 12-10-2010, 01:00 PM
dougk33
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put on the power duals and monster ovals with the fuel-pak and there was a noticeable difference in the sound and performance over stock

Old 12-10-2010, 06:50 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Butcher...It looks to me that you would be scraping almost any set of headers. Not so much where the X-Pipe is, but that scrape on your front pipe would happen on any set.
Before I came over to HD 10 yrs ago, I used to ride Metric Street Racers. Did plenty of peg scraping, but have yet to scrape the pipes on my RKC. To be fair, I've only had it for 2.5 months and it's too friggin cold to ride right now.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:57 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

My buddy has the power duals on his 09 Ultra. I helped him put them on. he said he got a nice extra kick in the pants from them. he has the V&H standard slip on's not the Monsters. the monsters are great, but be aware they are not too loud at all. I guess it really depends on what you are looking for.
Power Duals
http://www.drvtwin.com/catalog_produ...product=883243
Monster Ovals
http://www.drvtwin.com/eshopprod_cat...R_OVAL_SLI.htm

Drew

Old 12-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by moody31699
I have an 09 street glide and it has the 103 kit and a set of monster oval slip ons and stock header pipes, has any one run the vance and hines power duals u know the pipes with the x chamber on them and if so how are they I was thinking of switching to a whole rinehart exhaust but have heard the monster ovals are a great set of mufflers and want to change my header pipes just not sure what to go with and looking to get the most out of the motor as well as great sound. thanks for the info D
If you decide you want the power duals and would like a set at a good price...let me know. The power duals are coming off my bike at 1300 miles as I had requested true duals and the dealer ordered the wrong pipe.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 PM
zigzag
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up V/H Power Duels

Have a 2010 Ultra limited got the bike in april this year now has 12,000 miles on it, looked at the power duels and decided to go with the V/H true duels along with SE AC ,255 cams, SE Fatshotz slip ons which are not loud and 50 state legal, also did SE tuner and dyno tune. Ended up with 85 HP and 100 TQ. Not the most I've ever seen but dam sure no problem getting out in traffic and legal.

Quick Reply: power duals