Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cat removal from 10 headpipe audio file

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
gmc1999
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cat removal from 10 headpipe audio file

Hi everyone, does anyone have a audio file for after removing the cat from a 10 stock head pipe? I hate to go through all that work and not like the sound. Thanks Bill.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:14 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know it can and has been done but I wouldn't recommend altering the stock exhaust. I personally don't think it's worth the hassle and you might end up doing more harm than good. Just bite the bullet and get a good set of aftermarket pipes, your bike will run and sound better. JMO

Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
vtwinbob
Road Captain

you might try u-tube they usually have it all, or go to the exhaust site it self, sometimes they have audio clips to listen too.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:40 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

You don't want to remove the cat. Bad things will happen with the oxygen sensors cross talking because the 2010 and later are located down the pipe by the cat.You want to replace the head pipe with an 09 pipe or get a new one from Fuel Moto. You also need a tuner for no cat. Fuel Moto sells the whole kit.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 PM
smithr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headpipe replacement

Fuel Moto priced me $877.00 for headpipe, PCV, and Stage One air filter kit for my '10 Ultra Limited. I already have Rush slip-ons on my bike. You can't go wrong with those prices, and I can do the installation myself. I will keep all stock exhaust parts...you never know if you may have to put it back on someday for EPA to have a looksee. Just my 2 cents. Jr.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:29 PM
pavin
Tourer

I just changed my head pipe and exhaust. Went with a V and H pro pipe, Its down at the dealer right now its going on the dyno tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 62hdbiker
You don't want to remove the cat. Bad things will happen with the oxygen sensors cross talking because the 2010 and later are located down the pipe by the cat.You want to replace the head pipe with an 09 pipe or get a new one from Fuel Moto. You also need a tuner for no cat. Fuel Moto sells the whole kit.

Not sure about bad things happening...if you do a search you will see quite a few people have removed the cat from their 2010/11 header and have liked the results and aren't having issues with the sensors

OP actually maybe someone who has done it might chime in on how their bike now sounds or even maybe provide a sound clip. My guess it would sound similar to a stock 2009 bike

Old 12-06-2010, 07:23 PM
1fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed the headpipe on my 2010 and replaced it with a 09 headpipe w/o cat I bought on e-bay for 35.00 shipped. FuelMoto set me up with all of the following. Pipes, PC-V, Stage 1 air cleaner, Woods 6-6 cams and map. 02 sensors not required with this setup. Runs and sounds GREAT. Headpipe change made a big difference. A BIG THANKS TO FUELMOTO. It now runs and sounds like a real H-D.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Racedrvr
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an Ultra Limited...103. I am in the process of doing upgrades, and just installed a header with the cat removed and slip-ons. It sounds just like 2009 and before bikes with slip ons. I did nothing else and picked up 3hp and 5 ft lbs of torque too. I will be doing further mods down the road. If all you are looking at doing is removing the cat, I would do so for heat reduction, but not for sound alone. I would think it will sound like any other 2009 and earlier stock bike (like Port Dawg said) unless you also replace the mufflers with slip-ons too.
Mike bike does not have "cross talk" oxygen sensor issues since the cat was removed. It runs as perfectly as it did stock.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:36 PM
TCMAN
Cruiser

No audio clip but I can tell you it was worth it. 2011 Limited, bone stock except removal of the cat from headpipe. No way for crosstalk between the sensors as they are seperated inside the headpipe itself. 2010 and 2011, same headpipe by the way. Runs great, sounds better than stock-not by much, but I like it. Matter of fact I was going to remove the cat and get a set of Dyno Tuned slip ons; but I am very happy with the results of cat removal and using the stock mufflers, it will growl when you get into it. You will like it!

Quick Reply: cat removal from 10 headpipe audio file