Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

both you vendor boys are missing the point. Everyone has a different view of what sounds good. Suspect there is reasons to buy either system and you'll be happy. When buying any of these systems you must decide what is important to you.

1. cost
2. volume
3. clarity
4. reliability
5. accoustic range

Rate them for yourself because everyone elses opinion means diddly squat when you're blasting down the road at 80mph and you favorite tune doesn't sound good enough to you.

I own a J&M amp and 7.25 speakers, but would have no problem telling a friend to check out Hawg Wired too.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

[quote=DR. V-TWIN;7635307]I was thinking the same thing. It's sunny and 65 here right now! It's going to be 80 on Sunday!
I am posting this link in the most non pushy way possible, only for those who do not have aftermarket speakers or are not happy with what they have. Happy Holiday's all.
http://www.drvtwin.com/catalog_produ...product=936327

amp
http://www.drvtwin.com/catalog_produ...roduct=1076111

http://www.drvtwin.com/catalog_produ...roduct=1076110

that's it from me for today gentlemen. Have a great day!

Drew

Drew[/quote

Sure now start with the nice weather, here we go again. Ha just kidding, enjoy it, wish it was going to be that nice here in Oregon but it is that time of year.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 PM
ethal68
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure hope we can keep this thread going......LOL

Old 12-09-2010, 03:42 PM
ethal68
Tourer

Originally Posted by itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
Rate them for yourself because everyone elses opinion means diddly squat when you're blasting down the road at 80mph and you favorite tune doesn't sound good enough to you.
You drive down the road at 80???? Harley's don't go that fast unless you have a Fuelmoto 107 kit....LOL

Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
you don't have a clue what you are talking about if you read my post, when I said John and I have been down this road before I was referring the road we went down is I looked at his system seriously thought about buying it but liked another better and now he wants to keep claiming his system is the best and I do not buy it, look I went to his trailer looking for a new system so again when you say I am a Hawg Wired only guy you are again wrong, I guess in your opinion if I shop around for a new system and wind up buying what's in my old bike because I find nothing I like better than I'm a Hawg Wired only guy, and as far as your comment about Drago's well obviously you are a Dr. V Twin mark because no vendor chimes in with sales pitches on any post more than them
No, you don't. From your post, you are a HawgWired guy, and welcome to it. You are wrong to "Cat Call" others that don't agree with you.

And as to the last statement about me. I have never, not have any plans to purchase from Dr. V-Twin. I just don't like HawgWired. I think that J&M is a superior product to HawgWired.

Now are you going to call me names too?

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 12-09-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:35 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

What ever, I read many positive post on here about J&M, went to Daytona excited about checking them out so I could start ordering items for my new bike and because I wasn't impressed when I heard the system that makes me a Hawg Wired guy, you don't get it period, you are saying I'm a liar and did not go looking to buy which is a complete lie, look I've spent over 15k on parts and accessories on a bike that isn't here yet and you can disagree on any decisions I've made but to imply I don't research every purchase I make first for the best price and value and quality simply isn't true, and if you really read all my post I have not bad mouthed anyone I simply stated what I found to be best and said they are all good systems, Dr V Twin was the one making statements about other systems being junk
Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider
No, you don't. From your post, you are a HawgWired guy, and welcome to it. You are wrong to "Cat Call" others that don't agree with you.

And as to the last statement about me. I have never, not have any plans to purchase from Dr. V-Twin. I just don't like HawgWired. I think that J&M is a superior product to HawgWired.

Now are you going to call me names too?

Old 12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
harley#1
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

well kiddies, i hope you all got that out of your system. the first guy to answer my question will get a lollypop.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:48 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harley#1
well kiddies, i hope you all got that out of your system. the first guy to answer my question will get a lollypop.
What was your question? :/

Old 12-09-2010, 10:05 PM
nosup4u
Stage IV

My shop (www.awcycles.net) has been specializing in Bagger audio for a couple years now and we have tried everything. And taken most every brand out in place of what we think is the best. Hertz Hi-energy 6.5", Arc mini 125.2. If you want to go a step further we also like the 6x9 lids with Hi-energy 6x9's. I would put our stuff up against anything out there that keeps the amps in the fairing.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Spartaman
Cruiser

Dammit I ran out of Popcorn. BrB :P

Quick Reply: speakers