Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:17 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drago's, is the Hog Tunes and J&M systems made in china?

Old 12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
wkl2546
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my two cents....I have the J & M 7.25 upgraded fairing speakers, the upgraded
J & M rear speakers and the J & M Amp. Much improved over the stock HD speakers.
When I'm cruising down the Beltway @ 80-MPH, I have no problem listening to my sounds. Super good service and support from "J & M John" and his crew and they will stand behind their products. I am happy.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:08 AM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the OP may have been referring to "new" HD speakers as the new Big Boom speakers, not stock OEM.

How do they compare to the others?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Forum Members ,,,,,

I attended just about every major rally in the USA during 2010 ,,,, from east coast to west ,,,

at the J&M audio demo trailer, we installed J&M speakers and/or amplifiers in over 700 Harley baggers ,,,, over 120 at Sturgis alone ,,,,

we had many, many customers bring their own systems to the J&M trailer to compare the sound of their systems to ours ,,,,,

Hog-tunes, Hawg-wired, Harley Booms, Harley CVO StreetGlides etc ,,,, we have heard them all ,,,,,,

NONE of them were able to outperform the J&M 7.25's in the fairing with our 250w amplifier ,,, NONE ,,,,,

now ,,,, are there systems out there that will ? ,,,, certainly ,,,,

the ONLY thing I heard all year that outperformed the J&M, was a really cool custom system with a 500w amp installed into one of the saddlebags, a large subwoofer in the other saddlebag, and large speakers in the fairing ,,,,, if you don't mind losing all the room in both saddlebags, there you go ,,,,

HarleyPingMan ,,,,,

my video was amateurish ?? ,,,,, certainly was, I shot it and posted in on you-tube myself ! , ((my first try with the new camera )) ,,,,,,

what it DID do was give an accurate volume comparison between the two systems ((stock 2011 Harley CVO StreetGlide vs J&M 2011 CVO StreetGlide)) ,,,,, which is something few other videos have done, no matter how pretty they look on the screen ,,,,

and please just be patient about 4 more weeks and I will show everyone here a NEW J&M system for the J&M 2011 StreetGlide with 500w RMS 4-channel amp properly mounted in the fairing ,,,,,, 7.25" J&M speakers in the fairing and ALSO 7.25" J&M speakers in the new J&M molded lowers inserts, with grill mounted mids and tweets, on all 4 custom J&M speaker grills ,,,,,

suffice to say that there is NOTHING available today to compare to it ,,,,,

new 500w amp and 7.25” lowers speaker kits scheduled for release late March 2011 ,,,,

Old 12-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DocHarley
saying something is made in the USA doesn't mean what it used to anymore...
and Chinese made electronics aren't what they used to be... they are leading the world in technology these days... USA made stuff is usually overpriced and not as good quality as the stuff made overseas...

it's sad but true..

I'll buy whatever works best for the best price... I really don't care where it's made.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:20 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

John and I have been down this road before and again I respectfully disagree with these comments, I think all stereo companies feel a nitch and have something to offer or wouldn't be in business in this economy still, I do feel J & M makes a quality product far superior to stock, however I equally feel Hawg Wired is the best plug and play system offered today, I am not associated with anyone so my opinion isn't tainted in any direction, I have an Electra Glide with the Hawg Wired system in it 150W amp and two speakers, liked I stated previously I went to Destination Daytona at Biketoberfest to hear the J & M system, I have a 2011 FLTRX on order and was in the market for a system for it, no agenda on my part , just researching so I spend my money wisely on the new bike, I parked no more than 30 yards from the J & M trailer, went up and listened to their system, talked to another couple there , they followed me and my wife back to my bike and listened to my current system, all 4 thought my current system was better, I then walked around the dealership, the same couple approached me and had 3 other couples with them that wanted to hear my system, went back to the bike and played it, they all had the same opinion, in another post 2wheelglider states he has the J & M 250W amp and 7.25 speakers and loves it, feels it's a good value however it is not on a level with the Hawg Wired system on his previous bike, go to baggernation.com , Paul Yaffe uses Hawg Wired amp and speakers for his direct installs, and uses them and Rockford Fosgate speakers for his custom jobs , I spoke to Paul, he said people spend 25K on a bike and then send it to him and spend another 25-30K to have him do his magic, price is not a factor but quality is when his name goes on it and he feels Hawg Wired is the best available hands down or he wouldn't use it, I just spent $1500 with Frank at Drago's on a Hawg Wired 4 in the face system and tweeters and I could have spent the money anywhere, so again I had no agenda, Frank is a good guy and will treat you right, John at J & M is a good guy and will treat you right, buy what you feel is best for your needs, I respect John and J & M but I feel Shawn at Dr. V Twin was out of line with comments he made knowing they were no true just to get his point across, amp ratings do not mean anything as they all rate them their own way, my friend has a car McIntosh 2 channel amp 60 w ,30 per channel in his saddlebag that beats all these motorcycle amps
Originally Posted by JMJOHN
Forum Members ,,,,,

I attended just about every major rally in the USA during 2010 ,,,, from east coast to west ,,,

at the J&M audio demo trailer, we installed J&M speakers and/or amplifiers in over 700 Harley baggers ,,,, over 120 at Sturgis alone ,,,,

we had many, many customers bring their own systems to the J&M trailer to compare the sound of their systems to ours ,,,,,

Hog-tunes, Hawg-wired, Harley Booms, Harley CVO StreetGlides etc ,,,, we have heard them all ,,,,,,

NONE of them were able to outperform the J&M 7.25's in the fairing with our 250w amplifier ,,, NONE ,,,,,

now ,,,, are there systems out there that will ? ,,,, certainly ,,,,

the ONLY thing I heard all year that outperformed the J&M, was a really cool custom system with a 500w amp installed into one of the saddlebags, a large subwoofer in the other saddlebag, and large speakers in the fairing ,,,,, if you don't mind losing all the room in both saddlebags, there you go ,,,,

HarleyPingMan ,,,,,

my video was amateurish ?? ,,,,, certainly was, I shot it and posted in on you-tube myself ! , ((my first try with the new camera )) ,,,,,,

what it DID do was give an accurate volume comparison between the two systems ((stock 2011 Harley CVO StreetGlide vs J&M 2011 CVO StreetGlide)) ,,,,, which is something few other videos have done, no matter how pretty they look on the screen ,,,,

and please just be patient about 4 more weeks and I will show everyone here a NEW J&M system for the J&M 2011 StreetGlide with 500w RMS 4-channel amp properly mounted in the fairing ,,,,,, 7.25" J&M speakers in the fairing and ALSO 7.25" J&M speakers in the new J&M molded lowers inserts, with grill mounted mids and tweets, on all 4 custom J&M speaker grills ,,,,,

suffice to say that there is NOTHING available today to compare to it ,,,,,

new 500w amp and 7.25” lowers speaker kits scheduled for release late March 2011 ,,,,

Last edited by tj316; 12-07-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
John and I have been down this road before and again I respectfully disagree with these comments,...
By your own statements, you like Hawgwired ONLY. You will want only yours. That is fine. You should not resort to name calling about other opinions that is not the same as your own. How about you stick to what you said and be done. You have stated that, "in your opinion", you have the better system. LET IT GO!!
Originally Posted by DocHarley
By his own post, he should only post about what he sells. If you want to know about J&M, ask JMJohn.
Originally Posted by DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Man I hope I dont start a fight here LOL LOL.
I am a top 5 dealer for Hawg Wire. I used to carry others but no longer!! Just Hawg Wire!!!!!!....
The OP asked about opininions on speakers. Not asking to post ads for sales. How about keeping your ads out of this? It takes up space for no reason. I took your ad out of your quote.

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 12-07-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:06 PM
tbills66
Cruiser

This is what is very aggravating about trying to decide which way to go with the stereos. The only upgrade I have heard in person is the Boom. I would really like to hear the other systems out there so I don't have to purchase blind and wonder if I got the best.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Old 12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
09 UltraFine
Cruiser

How about speaker for speaker, without the amp. I don't think it would be fair to compare stock speakers to any aftermarket speaker system with an amp. Or am I missing something?

Quick Reply: speakers