Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 04:50 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
you asked those who had both to chime in, again read 2wheelgliders post, he bought the J & M from you and is happy and thinks for the money it was a good buy, but states for quality it is not on par with Hawg Wired, as I have posted before I parked next to J & M at Daytona, people who heard their system and my Hawg Wired system said the same thing , hands down Hawg Wired sounded better, many will still go with J & M, great product less money,but you do have an interest that influences your opinion, you are a distributer for J & M and there buy at big discounts, you get Hawg Wired through Custom Chrome so your margins are not as good and I am not knocking you for that, J & M feels a need, but if you were a direct distributer for Hawg Wired you would have a different opinion
We are NOT a custom chrome dealer.

We recommend what we feel is the best bang for the buck and what has the highest quality for the dollar. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. If we wouldn't put it in our own bikes, we would NEVER recommend it to our customers. Plain and simple. It isn't always about the money. Those on the forum that know us have figured that out by now.

Shawn

Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I'm done with this Shawn, I've bought from you before but to state Hawg Wired is inferior to all the other systems you sell is bullshit, do a search on this and the other forums you post on and you will see nothing but positive comments on Hawg Wired, for now on you are right and I want to publicly say you are the end all be all of Harley knowledge, if you say it then it is Gospel, I will forget my 33 years of riding and testing products, you are all knowing

Last edited by tj316; 12-06-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:08 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay guys, stop with the pissing match, the bottom line is this is a subjective subject and everybody's going to have their own and differing opinions plain and simple. That doesn't make anybody right or wrong, it just is what it is. I've never heard the Hawg Wired system but have heard rave reviews about them. Personally I didn't consider it because I just didn't want to dump more money than necessary for a nice, loud, quality system, and I don't regret my purchase.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:21 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm done with this Shawn, I've bought from you before but to state Hawg Wired is inferior to all the other systems you sell is bullshit, do a search on this and the other forums you post on and you will see nothing but positive comments on Hawg Wired, for now on you are right and I want to publicly say you are the end all be all of Harley knowledge, if you say it then it is Gospel, I will forget my 33 years of riding and testing products, you are all knowing
You are right. I don't want to go back and forth and start a war. I was just posting my experience and I admit, it did get out of hand for no reason. I think we are done here. No real reason to keep this going. Let's sit back and laugh about this now. Life is way too short to argue.

Thanks!

Shawn

Old 12-06-2010, 05:34 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by harley#1
anyone compair the new harley speakers to j&m 7.25s
And the answer is still no.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:04 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes,it is quality plug and play for those of us that don't want to go custom like you glacierpearl
Apparently,................you misread my post. I thought that in previous Hawg Wired threads, that one thing that always came up was the lifetime warranty. Perhaps I was wrong.

Is there a difference in the warranties between the two ??

If so, this could be a deal breaker for those interested.

The more info, the better for everyone.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The J & M speakers come with a lifetime warranty as well. I'm not sure about the amp, but I am sure about the speakers.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:16 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I meant yes it is a life time warranty
Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Apparently,................you misread my post. I thought that in previous Hawg Wired threads, that one thing that always came up was the lifetime warranty. Perhaps I was wrong.

Is there a difference in the warranties between the two ??

If so, this could be a deal breaker for those interested.

The more info, the better for everyone.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I missing something here? I can get the J&M speakers and amp for $559.00 and the Hawg wired for $579.00 for my 2010 SG how is that so much more expensive?

http://hawg-wired.com/catalog.php?cPath=53

Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
ethal68
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there is a lot of good speaker and amp combos out there......pick one and go with it.
I was ready to order J&M speakers, until I was at the HD. A guy pulled up and I asked him what speakers he was running....He said J&M.

That was enough to make me look in a different direction.

One thing I do know...... Stock speakers are junk.

Grandpa had a better radio in the barn, and that was AM.

Quick Reply: speakers