Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Finnster1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the speakers in my 2011 SG with the 7.25's.....they are better and are nice quality. I may add the amp because I want a tighter bass response.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:24 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I went Hawg Wired. Not cheap, but worth the money. I was able to hear the HW and I was impressed. I would like a chance to hear the JM speakers

Old 12-06-2010, 02:16 PM
harley#1
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

tj316,sorry if you thought i was trying to start a **** storm but everybody is trying to outdo everybody else and unless a person actually knows the difference he has to try to make a decision on what he reads or is told.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:26 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

There is an actual video on youtube comparing the two. The J&M's still won in volume and clarity.

Everyone is subject to their own opinions, however our techs have replaced quite a few sets of blown Hawg Wired speakers with J&M 7.25" speakers and each bike owner was very impressed with the quality and sound of their newly installed J&M's over their old Hawg Wired. I see it quite often. I am hoping those same guys will chime in with their experience going from Hawg Wired to J&M.

Shawn

Old 12-06-2010, 02:28 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got them, and compared to stock they are like night and day. I love them. If you do get them be prepared though, their quality is so much better than stock that when you listen to the radio vs. a c.d. you will actually hear more static and imperfections in the quality of what's being broadcasted.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:28 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

go to the post upgrade hawg wired system and read 2wheelgliders post, he bought the J & M system from you, he loves it and is happy but states it is no where near as good as the Hawg Wired system in quality that he had before, I'm not going to argue with you as you are a paying vendor and I do feel J & M makes a good system, but they are not on par with Hawg Wired but they cost less so it comes down to how good do you want and how much do you have to spend, you sell J & M so you will never say Hawg Wired is better unless you start selling them as well, I have friends who have the Biketronics systems ,Hawg Wired ,Hog Tunes ,J & M and Arc amp systems, we all feel for those who don't want to do a custom system and give up their saddlebags the Hawg Wired is the best plug and play, however the others are good systems with good features and cost less, not everyone will spend the money for the Hawg Wired and are looking for something better than they have to fit their particular budget and that is why there is a market for all of them, but to say J & M is on a level with Hawg Wired is a lie
Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
There is an actual video on youtube comparing the two. The J&M's still won in volume and clarity.

Everyone is subject to their own opinions, however our techs have replaced quite a few sets of blown Hawg Wired speakers with J&M 7.25" speakers and each bike owner was very impressed with the quality and sound of their newly installed J&M's over their old Hawg Wired. I see it quite often. I am hoping those same guys will chime in with their experience going from Hawg Wired to J&M.

Shawn

Old 12-06-2010, 04:12 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
go to the post upgrade hawg wired system and read 2wheelgliders post, he bought the J & M system from you, he loves it and is happy but states it is no where near as good as the Hawg Wired system in quality that he had before, I'm not going to argue with you as you are a paying vendor and I do feel J & M makes a good system, but they are not on par with Hawg Wired but they cost less so it comes down to how good do you want and how much do you have to spend, you sell J & M so you will never say Hawg Wired is better unless you start selling them as well, I have friends who have the Biketronics systems ,Hawg Wired ,Hog Tunes ,J & M and Arc amp systems, we all feel for those who don't want to do a custom system and give up their saddlebags the Hawg Wired is the best plug and play, however the others are good systems with good features and cost less, not everyone will spend the money for the Hawg Wired and are looking for something better than they have to fit their particular budget and that is why there is a market for all of them, but to say J & M is on a level with Hawg Wired is a lie
Who said we don't sell Hawg Wired? We sell everything. We sell Biketronics, Hogtunes, Hawg Wired and J&M. I just wanted to chime in to what I have personally seen here at the shop.

In my professional opinion, the quality of Hawg Wired is not on par with any other audio brand we carry. I have seen so many blown sets. Way more than any other brand. Have J&M speakers failed? Yes! But, nowhere near how many failed sets of Hawg Wired, I have seen. When you talk about quality, I can't say the Hawg Wired are the best quality and nowhere near it. When I personally see a high failure rate, I can't recommend a product that costs more and may fail.

Just stating my opinion and you were stating yours. That's pretty much it. I think it is fair to say that I have a lot of bike audio experience and enough that I can state my personal findings. Don't want to start a war, but just wanted to clarify.

Shawn

Old 12-06-2010, 04:42 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't the Hawg Wired have a lifetime warranty ???

Old 12-06-2010, 04:44 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member

you asked those who had both to chime in, again read 2wheelgliders post, he bought the J & M from you and is happy and thinks for the money it was a good buy, but states for quality it is not on par with Hawg Wired, as I have posted before I parked next to J & M at Daytona, people who heard their system and my Hawg Wired system said the same thing , hands down Hawg Wired sounded better, many will still go with J & M, great product less money,but you do have an interest that influences your opinion, you are a distributer for J & M and therefor buy at big discounts, you get Hawg Wired through Custom Chrome so your margins are not as good and I am not knocking you for that, J & M feels a need, but if you were a direct distributer for Hawg Wired you would have a different opinion
Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Who said we don't sell Hawg Wired? We sell everything. We sell Biketronics, Hogtunes, Hawg Wired and J&M. I just wanted to chime in to what I have personally seen here at the shop.

In my professional opinion, the quality of Hawg Wired is not on par with any other audio brand we carry. I have seen so many blown sets. Way more than any other brand. Have J&M speakers failed? Yes! But, nowhere near how many failed sets of Hawg Wired, I have seen. When you talk about quality, I can't say the Hawg Wired are the best quality and nowhere near it. When I personally see a high failure rate, I can't recommend a product that costs more and may fail.

Just stating my opinion and you were stating yours. That's pretty much it. I think it is fair to say that I have a lot of bike audio experience and enough that I can state my personal findings. Don't want to start a war, but just wanted to clarify.

Shawn

Last edited by tj316; 12-06-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:47 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member

yes,it is quality plug and play for those of us that don't want to go custom like you glacierpearl
Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Don't the Hawg Wired have a lifetime warranty ???

Quick Reply: speakers