Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn ISO Grips

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:27 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

I just put them on mine but I rotated the rubber to the top portion for my fingers/knuckles to grip. Most people allow the rubber to sit in the palm area. I found that to be bit too fat for my hands.

I would opt for the boss also, it will give your hand a spot to rest on the throttle if and when you get that numbness after a longer ride.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:23 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VTGlideRider
Hi All,

I have a 2010 EG Classic and was looking at the Kuryakyn ISO grips. The styling is more to my liking than the HD versions I've seen, and from the video I saw they look easy enough to install even for those of us who are mechanically challenged.

Any thoughts on these pro or con, advice, or possibly other recommendations? Thanks!
They're the most comfortable I've tried. There might be others around that are just as, or possibly more comfortable but I have not found them. The only negative is that they are VERY popular so you will see them on a lot of other bikes.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Tazzrider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VTGlideRider
Any thoughts on these pro or con, advice, or possibly other recommendations? Thanks!

Had them on my Raodstar for 8 yrs, nice grip but in that time the chrome on mine was showing a good bit of wear (started showing the golden undercoar layers). But, I don't wear gloves so the oils in your skin take their toll and I had about 60,000 miles on them before they began to wear.

+5 on the brake/cruise switch, don't ask how i know grrrrrr....lol

I never "glued" down my clutch grip. It is held in by the control casing. Spins if i try but then again, my throttle side spins too, no biggie and nice to be able to rotate when you feel like it.

Never understood the throttle boss thing. I guess people will buy anything if given the opportunity. Oh i see, you can rest your grip and use the throttle boss to lean your palm on? Hmmm... I lean my palm on the exsisting thrittle if i want ot rest my hand, don't need no extra piece of bling to do so either....lol Tried them, and continues to baffle me as to their value.

Nice grips and they come in black now too.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:41 PM
dukdog
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have them on my classic ultra and love them. Also have the throttle boss which is great around town. I use cruise control for interstate or us highways. You'll love them.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:01 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just another shout to the ISO's... With the Boss (both sides). Unless you're out front, you're going to be using the throttle. Those magic little paddles made the difference between 300 miles and 700 miles (I have some goofy tendinitis thing that acts up after around 250-300 miles whether I'm on cruise control or not).

If it isn't obvious / wasn't addressed, make sure you get comfy with the RIGHT grip first - Find out how you prefer it (surprisingly, after years of having the chrome "strip" facing back/forward, I just found out a freakish increase in comfort with it facing up/down just months ago).

THEN glue the left one down. Personally, I put a few wraps of electrical tape on the left bar before installing. Made positioning easier, didn't come loose after a few months, etc. The Boss on the left is a bonus - Another "added last year" thing that I was missing out on for several years. Best 15 bucks (for the spare Boss) you'll put on the bike.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:57 PM
oldandbusted
Advanced

5 years in service on my flhtci, little or no wear and as comfortable as the day I put them on. great at absorbing the vibration and keeps my hands for getting numb. The throttle boss is a nice touch and lets you adjust your grip or just stretch your fingers without losing speed.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Twofields6
Advanced

I put them on both mine and my wife's bike. We love them and definitely get the throttle boss. Pretty easy install.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:28 PM
CHEESE
Road Warrior

I had them on my old bike. They were plenty comfortable, but I had to wear gloves because they left black crap all over my hands if I didn't. I might have had a bad batch, since no one else seems to be reporting that.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:29 PM
jimski
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like them and don't care if a lot of other people have them. They look good and they're comfortable. Some people with small hands might not like them because they have a larger circumferance than the OEM grips. +1 on the throttle boss. You can always remove it if you decide you don't like it. I also have the matching highway pegs. They have a lot of surface area. I mounted mine in a swept-back position which give me two options of foot placement. See my photo album for a picture if you're interested.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 PM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not like them at all. I had them on and ripped them off when my hand started going numb ? They are supposed to stop that? I like the HD stock ones and if I get some cash will buy the BLACK Metal they feel great and look that way also, I mean everyone has those ISO and when you go to get a different grip at a supplier all they have are those? I mean everybody has them ?

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn ISO Grips