Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made a BIG mistake

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010 | 06:56 PM
a34655
|
Cruiser
Default Made a BIG mistake

I stopped in the local dealer this past week, just to look around and before I knew what happened I was test riding a Street Glide. Ive always liked the Street Glide but at the time I bought my Dyna the SG was a little more than the wife would agree to let me spend.
Now since that fatefull day at the dealer I am having a hard time sleeping since I toss and turn thinking of owning a Street Glide. The one I rode wasnt new but it looked like it. The price was again a little more than I want to spend on a used bike, but Ive found others that were newer with a few less miles that were less expensive being sold privately. I think I finally have the wife convinced that if I can sell my Dyna I will be riding a SG.( not that she has a choice because I am one of those people that will not rest till I get what I want, and she knows that). So I wait for a call from someone who will see my add on Craigslist or Cycle Trader.

Old 11-30-2010 | 07:06 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior

It seems like you always spend more than you wanted to when buying a vehicle.

Old 11-30-2010 | 08:16 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member

Get the damn Glide! (but make sure that Momma's seating arrangements are good and comfy!)

Old 11-30-2010 | 08:29 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

SG's are old news,(yeah, I said it) just get an Ultra or EG and make things detachable. Trust me, you'll be in my shoes before you know it, and spending to make it wife-comfy. Call BS, or call me a liar, now, but you'll be kicking yourself later!

Mark my words, mark my words.

Old 11-30-2010 | 08:30 PM
dFREDb
Club Member

I also got the Street Glide fever and test rode one about 2 months ago. It was a real sweet ride for sure, but the more I thought about it, the more my Dyna appealed to me as it has been the bike I've dreamed of for 30 years. One day I hope to get an SG, but I'm gonna try to hold on to my Dyna too. Give it a couple of months and remember why you got a Dyna in the first place. Maybe that "gotta have it" feeling will pass.

Old 11-30-2010 | 08:36 PM
vnelson79
Cruiser

Just go pay for it, we always spend more than expected........ I did it and love it !!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2010 | 08:36 PM
Craig4711a
Cruiser

I had street glide fever, then I shopped, compared, and ended up buying a Road Glide, and don't regret it for a second. Better value in my mind..... to each his own.

Old 11-30-2010 | 08:45 PM
fireguy5
Cruiser

I had a Wide Glide that I loved and had wanted since I could remember. Out of curiosity I test rode a SG. Sold my Wide Glide in a week and bought a used '06 SG that I rode around for a few years. I loved it. Then once again...out of curiosity...I test rode a new '10 EG Classic to see what all the rave was about. A week later I had a new EG Classic. I once again am in love.

Old 11-30-2010 | 08:52 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

If you have not previously owned a fairing bike, if you are like me, once the newness wears off you will be longing for your old Dyna. On the other hand, if you are losing sleep thinking about the SG then you better go ahead and get it and get it out of your system. You can always buy another real Harley.

Old 11-30-2010 | 09:08 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain

Answer these questions...
1) Can I afford it?
2) Will I get my money out of the bike I am selling considering the add-ons?
3) Did I take my wife for a test ride to see if she liked it?
4) Will you be pussified now that you are going bagger? (cheap pile-on )

Compile your answers and then do what you want.

Seriously, the wife being happy has some merrit to it. I had a 06 fatboy dragonfly green. Wife loved it. I put her on the back of the 09 EG Standard, and she just went off. She hated it, said she couldn't tell the difference. It took a good 4 months for her to admit the ride was much more comfortable and far superior for her.

So good luck

Quick Reply: Made a BIG mistake