Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made a BIG mistake

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010 | 09:21 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by a34655
I stopped in the local dealer this past week, just to look around and before I knew what happened I was test riding a Street Glide. Ive always liked the Street Glide but at the time I bought my Dyna the SG was a little more than the wife would agree to let me spend.
Now since that fatefull day at the dealer I am having a hard time sleeping since I toss and turn thinking of owning a Street Glide.
Know that feeling well. Just traded my Fat Bob in on a 2011 Street Glide

Originally Posted by JonnyD
SG's are old news,(yeah, I said it) just get an Ultra or EG and make things detachable.
Well that figures, I am always a day late to the party.

Old 11-30-2010 | 09:42 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

SG's are old news,(yeah, I said it) just get an Ultra or EG and make things detachable. Trust me, you'll be in my shoes before you know it, and spending to make it wife-comfy. Call BS, or call me a liar, now, but you'll be kicking yourself later!

Mark my words, mark my words.
street glide are old news? road kings are even older news
its the fuglies that are in and gaining poularity now.

Last edited by leohd; 11-30-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2010 | 09:50 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

As quoted from the famous athletic shoe manufacturer - "Just Do it"

Last edited by Iceman24; 11-30-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: sp
Old 11-30-2010 | 11:41 PM
my1sthog
Road Master

Dude, I like you made the same mistake. I went to the dealer and saw the SG, and had to have her. That was in 08. I love my scoot. Last weekend, we rode to Las Vegas and all over hell's half acre, 640 miles in two days, and the next day I was ready to go again. Not only that, it was about 37 degs the whole way there and back. Yeah I got a little cold, but like all die hard bikers, you bundle up and ride!

Old 12-01-2010 | 06:36 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior

Yea, buy a bike that's popular and what everyone else likes. Don't try thinking for yourself. Just like the black out look and demin colors will be history in another few years. Went back to a RKC from the "popular" SG and not looking back. Buy what YOU want.

Old 12-01-2010 | 06:42 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by leohd
street glide are old news? road kings are even older news
its the fuglies that are in and gaining poularity now.

Old 12-01-2010 | 06:54 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

SG's are not old news. They are one of the biggest sellers..and are very desired.
Obviously, or some are just oblivious to that fact..

Old 12-01-2010 | 07:04 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

Originally Posted by dFREDb
I also got the Street Glide fever and test rode one about 2 months ago. It was a real sweet ride for sure, but the more I thought about it, the more my Dyna appealed to me as it has been the bike I've dreamed of for 30 years. One day I hope to get an SG, but I'm gonna try to hold on to my Dyna too. Give it a couple of months and remember why you got a Dyna in the first place. Maybe that "gotta have it" feeling will pass.
I agree on the impulse buying, that is give it a couple mf months and maybe that urge will go away. When I do my walk through at a dealership there is often something used I really like, but I'm happy with what I have.

Old 12-01-2010 | 08:30 AM
painey
Road Warrior

I thought I wanted a SG, went to the local dealer and took one out on a test ride, nice bike but it wasn't for me, couldn't get used to the fairing, made me feel like I was an old man (I'm only 56)! So what did I do, only thing you can do if your want a traditional style touring bike, buy a Road King. Only had it a short time but I just looovvveee it! Put 1700 miles on it the first week I had it :-)

But you have to buy what YOU like not what the rest of the herd are running!

Old 12-01-2010 | 08:33 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

just get an Ultra or EG and make things detachable. Trust me, you'll be in my shoes before you know it, and spending to make it wife-comfy. Call BS, or call me a liar, now, but you'll be kicking yourself later!

Mark my words, mark my words.
Some good advice here. Especially if the OL ever gets on the bike with you.

Quick Reply: Made a BIG mistake