Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped my new 07 & wife today.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 10:19 PM
dionne51
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dropped my new 07 & wife today.

Keep riding and let this pass as a 'learning experience'. Most people I know would not even post this type of story to the public, so you've obviously gotten beyond the 'did anybody see that' feeling. What happened to you could easily happen to any one of us, kudos to you for wanting to talk about it.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:20 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Don't worry everbody has or will fall down, thats why they have crash bars.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

The MOCO put in the LCD readout a notification that says TIP. It is to let you know that your bike went over. Must be designed so if someone knocks your bike over and doesn't tell you about it you will know anyway before you start it. You have to turn the ignition switch on and of a couple of times before you can start it again. There I stood trying to remember whether to turn the Ignition switch or blink the turn signals at the same time. I knew it was something like that but wasn't sure what.

My wife to the ABATE class with me and had never been on a motorcycle before that day. She got her license and is really excited about riding. I guess I am lucky to have her and she is willing to get back on and go again. I bet if I dump her again it will be a different story.

Thanks for the encouragement from everyone.

Dan

Old 09-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Towpro
Banned

Glad to hear the wifey, yourself & the scooter are ok, that's the important part.
With all the wiseazz'z & crackpots on here, your a helluva man to post that, kudos

Your pride was hurt, but at least you got some, keep puttin' bro......

Old 09-24-2006, 10:24 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm glad your all OK. That's why you gotta love those engine and bag guards.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Cruiser22
2nd Gear

Welcome to the club!!! I dropped mine on the test ride (used, thank God the owner did not see it). I was not familiar with the area and pulled up to a stop sign on a hill and on a solid angle. Too much for me as I was pulling out on this bike with about 2 minutes experience and over she went. Amazingly no damage...bought the bike and spent a month getting over the fear of stopping on inclines. It will take some time, but keep up with it and you will be rewarded!!!! Good luck and happy riding.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:32 PM
lblax
Tourer

sure glad your ok!! after giving up riding in 1993 due to carpel tunnel i just recently got back to riding and im not ashamed to say im just a bit well maybe more than a bit rusty!! ?LOL years ago a buddy and i left a bar and after about 5 miles of riding we came to a stoplight he pulled up and never put his feet down just sit there he also looked like arte johnson LOL

Old 09-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No flame here. Me and the little lady got that episode overwith back in August. Stopped in a parking lot to change into our rainsuits when the deluge started in. Came to an abrupt stop with bars slightly turned, too much front brake, off balance........slow motion flop onto the left side. A big guy passing by stopped to help thinking we had crashed and slid into the parking lot. Glad he was a big fella, helped get the Glide back upright. I tried the motor cop method with my back to the seat and using my legs. Newly sealed pavement was as slick as waxed linoleum with the rain and all. My feet just kept slipping. The extra hands were a Godsend. Nothing injured except my pride.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:39 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

Glad to see ya all are laughing about it. Anybody know where to find that Arte Johnson clip???

Funny how most of us (like me) have dumped the scoot at a slow speed or at a stand still - lesson to be learned here . Luckily no scratches or dents yet (10,000 miles).

What spooks me is what do you do on the high speed dumps - hang on or jump off????? Dread that day, but I wanna be ready. Hope it ain't a T-bone.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:46 PM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

don't feel bad, i dumped my EG when she was 3 weeks old. man i love crash bars... and ebay!

Quick Reply: Dropped my new 07 & wife today.