Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled inner fairing off

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Pulled inner fairing off

The inner fairing is off, now to paint it. I am thinking about doing some stripes similar to the tank on my 1999 Ultra or maybe some ghost flames. Just not sure if the ghost flames would look right with the stock paint on the rest of the bike. I am also thinking about using black around the gauges to break it up. Wish I was good at photoshop, then I could put it on the computer & get an idea. I've got the color & clear, but am out of the sealer. So as soon as I get the sealer & get a decent day, I will get it painted. Then get it back together without scratching it. Wish me luck. I will try to get some pics also.

Toby

Old 11-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I agree w/ your thoughts on the ghost flames. It'd be cool but wouldn't look right to me if there aren't plans to put it on the rest of the bike. If I paint my inner fairing I've just thought about painting it black and getting some pinstripe work done to fancy it up a bit. Not a huge fan of Sedona Orange inside and out. The worst inner fairing I've ever seen is one that matched the zebra paint job on the rest of the bike...It was like looking at a redacted inner fairing...lol.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:23 PM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You mean outlining like this?

Last edited by dirtracin23; 11-30-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:55 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior

Something like that with the red on the outside section & black on the inside section.

Toby

Last edited by twistedcherokee; 11-29-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:02 AM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
I agree w/ your thoughts on the ghost flames. It'd be cool but wouldn't look right to me if there aren't plans to put it on the rest of the bike. If I paint my inner fairing I've just thought about painting it black and getting some pinstripe work done to fancy it up a bit. Not a huge fan of Sedona Orange inside and out. The worst inner fairing I've ever seen is one that matched the zebra paint job on the rest of the bike...It was like looking at a redacted inner fairing...lol.
Later down the road I might change the color all together, but thats a couple of years before I do that & may just get some other tins. Since I like the SG rear facia And may go with a diff front fender.

Toby

Old 11-30-2010, 02:53 AM
bubbas1
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Here are a couple of pics of the wifes fairing we just had painted. Were you looking to go with this much black around the gauges or were you looking at just having the inner part of the gauges only shot black?
As far as scratching it while putting it back together....blue painters tape was my best friend that day.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:23 AM
FtpdMoose
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bubbas1
Here are a couple of pics of the wifes fairing we just had painted. Were you looking to go with this much black around the gauges or were you looking at just having the inner part of the gauges only shot black?
As far as scratching it while putting it back together....blue painters tape was my best friend that day.

Now that looks sharp!! Think you just convinced me how I'm going to do mine!

Old 11-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FtpdMoose
Have to agree with that!

Old 11-30-2010, 08:33 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

You could take it one step further and do the top of the inner fairing cap to flow into the inner fairing like this

Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FtpdMoose
You could outline the black with the same color pinstripe that is on the rest of the bike to help smoth the transition from the black around your guages to the primary color.

Quick Reply: Pulled inner fairing off