Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled inner fairing off

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts
Thumbs up Nice 1

Originally Posted by bubbas1
Here are a couple of pics of the wifes fairing we just had painted. Were you looking to go with this much black around the gauges or were you looking at just having the inner part of the gauges only shot black?
As far as scratching it while putting it back together....blue painters tape was my best friend that day

Very Nicely Done !! Looks Sharp!!

Old 11-30-2010, 12:39 PM
jlsk624
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea of a 2-tone inner. I did mine Dark Blue Pearl the main color of the bike and then had the area around the guages done in Gloss Black.

Attached Thumbnails Pulled inner fairing off-streetglide-pictures-017.jpg  
Old 11-30-2010, 01:17 PM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

jlsk624, that is sharp. I would love to do that to my innerfairing, Cherry red sunglow with merlot sunglow around the gages with a touch of pinstripes to add to the kewlness of it all. Nice job man.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:22 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

They all look great. I am getting a lot of great idea's, thanks guys. I am going to try to put some idea's on to paper before I actually shoot it, so will post some pics as I come up with them. Makes me wish I was an artist.

Toby

Old 12-25-2010, 03:15 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior

Got started on painting the inner fairing & decided to paoint my helmet also.

Here is the plaque that goes between the lights that I am experimenting with. I am going to go with the "live to ride ride to live" decal

Toby

Old 12-26-2010, 10:04 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Are you usng the rattle can or is that at a paint shop?

Old 12-26-2010, 10:14 AM
W0ace
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy cow, these all look GREAT!!! You guys got me thinking now! I'm a little lost on this statement........

"Here is the plaque that goes between the lights that I am experimenting with. I am going to go with the "live to ride ride to live" decal"

What plaque, and what lights??? I don't think I have that? 2010 Ultra, front driving lights are on a small chrome tube, rear lights are small bullet(I just put them on!!!)

So, I LOVE the two tone jobs.....Wonder what Gloss Black around the edges, and the stock flat would look like inside. Maybe cut down on the glare a little in the sun? I have a Vivid Black Ultra, so kinda lost on a two tone layout......? You think the Gloss vs Flat would be a big enough difference to mess with?

Old 12-26-2010, 10:27 AM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior

I used to own a body shop, that is at my garage but with factory pack paint . from the dealer & a spray gun & it has not been cleared yet. I need to get the tires on my Vette so I can move it out & build a quick paint booth to do the clear. I am still trying to decide if I want to do some black on it or some stripes or something. They all look great, so no matter what I decide, I know it will be great. The original way that I was going to stripe it may be too busy, so I decided against that. I have some gold micro sequins (gold flake) that I may use, that way I can incorporate it into the bike scheme later if I choose to. I may try it on the helmet first, that way if I don't like it, it will be easier to redo. My garage is a mess right now, I have my Harley torn down, the Vette torn down, a friends Fiero engine torn down & a 1970 Challenger torn down. It might be easier to push the Challenger out & make the booth there, just can't leave it out since it has been soda blasted. I'm getting to old for this, need to just go for more rides.

Toby

Old 12-26-2010, 10:29 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by W0ace
You think the Gloss vs Flat would be a big enough difference to mess with?
YES, there have been a few post with the painted inner fairing now that it's getting colder and a few have posted the vivid black and it looks great!

Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 AM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior

The one that goes between the lights is the plaque that I am talking about.

Toby

Quick Reply: Pulled inner fairing off