Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Tips on How to get the lowest price on 2011 Roadking

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:30 PM
a1engineer
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Tips on How to get the lowest price on 2011 Roadking

I live in Central Ohio and would like to get the best deal from a dealer on a new 2011 RoadKing Classic , Black. Let me hear your tricks.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:52 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by a1engineer
I live in Central Ohio and would like to get the best deal from a dealer on a new 2011 RoadKing Classic , Black. Let me hear your tricks.
I was perfectly happy to pay MSRP for my 2011.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:57 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

visit lots of dealers get em into a bidding battle, dont be afraid to walk out and let the search continue.black helps as they all have that one on the floor.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:00 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 534 Posts

also got to watch financing it will help if set up financing first,mabye at your credit union?they ussually have much better rates.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Be prepared to walk if they don't come close to the price you want to pay. It can be difficult if you fall in love with a specific bike. Just remember...there's always another one out there...

Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Harley of Chillicothe was willing to deal with me. I bought my 2010 Limited the last day of June. New bikes coming out in Aug. Last day of the quarter and last day of the month. Saved me thousands off MSRP.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:20 PM
PA-HD-Guy
Novice

I use to work in a motorcycle shop as a sales guy. If you really want to get the best price, pick a dealer you want to do business with, and be prepared to spend an entire day with him. Make the sales guy earn the business.

Look at the bike, ask a question about the engine. Sit down, talk pricing a little.

Walk back over to the bike ask about the suspension, tsit down talk a little pricing,

Walk back over to the bike, ask about whatever will kill the sales guy's commision for the day...

Leave at the end of the day and do not buy the bike. Tell him you will come back with some cash for a down payment Once you feel you haggeled him down on the price enough leave with the numbers written down.

Mid week, come back and put $100 on the bike tell them you are going to buy this weekend, and you are pulling your cash together. This will get them excited for the weekend.

Come in on the weekend, (their businest time) and say you found it for 1K less down at shop XYZ and you came to get your deposit back so you can go buy at XYZ shop. They will bend over backwards and basically give the bike away.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 PM
spider2
Tourer

I live in central ohio also. Where are you thinking about dealing with?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

if your worried about money look for a 09/2010

Old 11-29-2010, 10:03 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I buy fleet rigs as part of my job, and I used the same tactic I was taught by my favorite mentor. It's essentially a blind auction - favored by govt purchasing agents worldwide!

1. Pre-arrange your financing. Know exactly what you are approved to borrow. Eaglemark often has very low rates and will approve financing in advance. Credit unions are a great deal.

2. Visit or call all dealers you would care to do business with. Tell them what bike you want, that you already have financing, and that you will want to buy a bike by X date to the lowest dealer price offered.

3. DO NOT OFFER A PRICE! Really hard to do, but it puts the pressure on the dealer to do his best. They'll try their darndest to get you to start the bidding, but hold fast.

4. Do not fall for "We'll beat any price." Gently remind them that lowest price offered TO YOU will result in a sale, not lowest price offered BY YOU.

5. Refuse to tell them if their bid is the lowest, and refuse to tell them any other dealer's numbers. Just remind them that you will buy the best priced bike by a certain date. They hate this by the way. Sometimes a salesman will call and ask if their price is low enough. I just ask them if they've truly priced it as low as they are willing to go and remind them that it's okay to re-bid at any time up to date X. I had two dealers offer multiple prices over a two week period. One was almost 3k lower than his first "we're losing money at this price" offer.

I bought my last three bikes this way. Got well below MSRP on new model year bikes and that was out the door.

FWIW, one area dealer just said "we don't play that game here." Outta tell you how well it works if he's so set on doing it the "now how much would you pay schtick" that he is willing to pass up a chance to sell three bikes to the same guy in a four year period.

Quick Reply: Need Tips on How to get the lowest price on 2011 Roadking