Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission exhaust bracket!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 09:03 PM
BigBobby1969
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by touchdown
Sounds like to much b/s for me. I would fabricate something to make it work. Can't hoe many times i have fabricated something for a bike or car I guess people don't do that anymore.
I could but I dont have everything available that I'd need to make it look manufactured or I would. I can weld and whatever but i already have the proper powder coated mount i just need to remove the factory one to install it

Old 11-17-2020, 09:05 PM
BigBobby1969
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
Get a service manual. If u mess something up you can fix it and congrats on the 10 year old resurrection.
yeah I got a service manual for my exact year problem is it dont go into that detail about the clutch mechanism for some reason! It's probably because the manual is for trained harley mechanics. I'm a wrench but not harley certified lol

Old 03-14-2021, 01:56 PM
Peanuthead
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Yeah, I know I'm kinda reviving a dead thread. But I thought I'd pass on some pics to help out.

Part of the broken bracket.

The other half still attached with the one hidden bolt.

I found it a LOT easier to remove the transmission cover to get to the allen bolt. Don't forget to jack up the right side only so you don't lose any fluid. I only lost one drop!

Hope this helps the next guy/gal thay needs to replace the bracket.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:49 PM
Steve Kennedy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mario medeiros
It looks like i need to remove the motor oil filler spout to get to the 1 bolt and on the other side i need to remove the clutch cable that goes into the tranny to get to the other bolt.Can i pull the cable out that goes into the tranny or will i need to remove the tranny cover?And if i need to remove the cover off to get to the 1 bolt(no need to drain oil)?Also any chance i can reuse the gaskets,and will i need to add some silicone to them?Just came off a shovelhead this tc stuff is all new to me.Thanks guys.
cut away

This wont be in the way anymore