Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Off Brand Tour Pack

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010 | 01:03 PM
Steel Billet
|
Cruiser
Default Ebay Off Brand Tour Pack

Has anybody bought one of these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-M...Q5fAccessories

Old 11-28-2010 | 01:10 PM
Garcou
Club Member

Junk! You would be better off getting a couple hundred dollar luggage set, especially if your only going to be using it for a couple trips a year. I would say that if your going to be using it full time I would buck up for the genuine article!

Old 11-28-2010 | 01:10 PM
ElectraHead
Intermediate

I was looking at the same pack, but i have the police bags and the way they open i would have clearance problems.

Old 11-28-2010 | 01:20 PM
lucifer_ajl
Intermediate

A friend of mine bought one. It is smaller than the harley tour pack. He has a black pearl SG and the color is pretty close. He said it is worth it for that price.

Old 11-28-2010 | 01:28 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought a similar one this spring for $100/25. shipping in denim black. Color matching just about spot on. Yeah it's smaller and thinner than the real deal but also $650 cheaper. If you do a lot of two up touring it'll probably be too small but nicely sized for one up. I bolted mine on to the quick release mount and have a very convenient touring accessory for $270. For the price it's certainly not junk.....

Old 11-28-2010 | 01:34 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Garcou
Junk!
Have you ever used one? I ask because I've had the Mutazu (same as that pictured) for 4+ years and many others (use the search function for VIP and/or Mutazu) have as well and found it to be an excellent value. If you had one, what problems did you have with it?

The Mutazu is mounted on a solo detachable HD rack and prefer to use it for running errands because its light weight (similar in construction to the leather/vinyl covered HD Road King tour paks) makes it easier to put on and take off the bike than the Ultra tour pak I have on a two-up detachable rack.

Carl

Old 11-28-2010 | 01:59 PM
RollTideRoll
Advanced

I had one about a year ago. It looked ok but the rattling was unbearable. I tried mounting it a few different ways but never found a solution so I trashed it

Old 11-28-2010 | 03:13 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

I used one for about a year, till I could aford what I really wanted. It did what I wanted it to do. Carried two 3/4 helmets with no problems but that was all that would fit.

Purchased My HD tour pack and sold the old one for 75.00 + Shipping. So I got a year of use out of it for $35.00. I did carpet the inside so things wouldn't get scratched up.

The latch did rattle some but for the price it did what I wanted.

Old 11-28-2010 | 04:04 PM
swoopjr
Tourer

I've got one. It works fine but it does rattle alot.

Old 11-28-2010 | 04:46 PM
Steel Billet
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Garcou
Junk! You would be better off getting a couple hundred dollar luggage set, especially if your only going to be using it for a couple trips a year. I would say that if your going to be using it full time I would buck up for the genuine article!
I'm going to only use it a couple of times a year. Don't want a 200.00 luggage set I have done that dont want to do it again. I've got the quick release back rest. I would like a tour pack. I think it is crazy money but if it is worth 750.00 then I'll pay for the Harley tour pack. Tell me what is junk about this one so I can move on and save my lunch money.

Quick Reply: Ebay Off Brand Tour Pack