Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Off Brand Tour Pack

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010 | 05:16 PM
Garcou
Club Member

My experience is it's very thin, rattles and it's small, to me it just looks cheap, Iam sure my expectations where set to high when I got mine, so that being said for the money yes it looks decent and functions as advertised, If you look around there is a company out of Texas that mfgs an exact clone (or the closest replication) of a genuine hd tour pak I think it was about a hundred bucks more. For the guys that have denim or vivid black, that's great that the paint match is good, sadly it was tough matching sinister blue. If you've done the luggage route and didn't like it, well nor much I can suggest to change your mind. I guess my opinion comes from the fact that every time I want a high dollar item and try to save money by buying something other than what I wanted , I end up spending even more in the end. Just my 2 cents and for the fellas that are happy with em, great!

Old 11-28-2010 | 05:52 PM
Aslan
Road Master

I think they are OK if you only need a Tour Pack once and awhile and most of the time it will be off the bike.
If you were going to give it a lot of use I would buy the Harley.

Old 11-28-2010 | 06:23 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain

i have one .no rattles, cracks etc . ride 2up all the time . no complaints from the passenger. does it do the same as a $1000.00 tourpack yes. if i had a grand laying around i would buy a oe tourpak .

Old 11-28-2010 | 07:01 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Garcou
My experience is it's very thin, rattles and it's small, to me it just looks cheap, Iam sure my expectations where set to high when I got mine, so that being said for the money yes it looks decent and functions as advertised, If you look around there is a company out of Texas that mfgs an exact clone (or the closest replication) of a genuine hd tour pak I think it was about a hundred bucks more. For the guys that have denim or vivid black, that's great that the paint match is good, sadly it was tough matching sinister blue. If you've done the luggage route and didn't like it, well nor much I can suggest to change your mind. I guess my opinion comes from the fact that every time I want a high dollar item and try to save money by buying something other than what I wanted , I end up spending even more in the end. Just my 2 cents and for the fellas that are happy with em, great!

Wonder where we find that company in TX. I think I have heard of this before as they make saddlebags to. Anybody out there know who they are and how to contact??

Old 11-28-2010 | 07:21 PM
Steel Billet
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cardoctor
i have one .no rattles, cracks etc . ride 2up all the time . no complaints from the passenger. does it do the same as a $1000.00 tourpack yes. if i had a grand laying around i would buy a oe tourpak .
Do you have any pictures that I could see?

Old 11-28-2010 | 07:25 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member

I had one on my Suzuki and it was not bad for money.
Just bought a HD King T/P for $628.00 thats not bad from my dealer.

Old 11-28-2010 | 07:26 PM
brockstwrt
Tourer

I bought the HD tourpak and am glad I did. It looks like it belongs on the bike, thats the biggest complaint I have with the knockoffs. I have 20 grand into this bike i'm not going to start going cheap now

Old 11-28-2010 | 07:28 PM
W0ace
Tourer

2 in our group now. One on a Road King with hard side bags, and one on a '06 Standard Electra Glide. Both Black, one on Road King is several years old now, other about a month old. Both happy, Road King hard mounted on custom brackets, Glide is on a quick release. Road King is also raised up a little higher, so it FITS the look a little better. Both are happy so far....We were talking about one for our '06 Glide, but decided to trade for a new Ultra. We LOVE IT!

Last edited by W0ace; 11-28-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2010 | 08:13 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

No rattles, no leaks, no problems. This is it installed on an HD solo detachable rack in July '05 on the way to Ontario, Canada from Atlanta:

http://

See their website:

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...ies&s=prod.php

Same bike and same Mutazu (with LED brake light added) after repainting about 18 months ago:

I had another Ultra tour pak color-matched in white that I sold before the paint project because the Mutazu was easier to use and adequate for my purposes, and I got tired of seeing that $900 plus accessory sitting in the garage collecting dust. I later replaced the Ultra tour pak solely because I was having the bike repainted in a custom color and thought I might later want an Ultra tour pak again so better have it painted at the same time:

For comparison purposes, the Mutazu holds about 80% of what the Ultra tour pak holds and is similar in construction to the leather or vinyl covered tour paks HD sells for the Road King; sturdy, but flexible.

I never had any leakage or rattles, but I did chip the new paint on the top edge of the bottom of the tour pak. To cover it, I bought a pair of the rubber gaskets that go on the edges of the inner fairing and put those on the top edge of the bottom of the Mutazu; that seal is now very tight.

Good luck with your research.

Carl

Old 11-28-2010 | 09:32 PM
cmcsns
Road Master

I came across this awhile ago, don't know anything about the company but the TP looks good
http://www.a1hardbags.com/motorcycle.../prod_295.html

Quick Reply: Ebay Off Brand Tour Pack