Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iphone apps what works on the bike.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:22 AM
vnelson79
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skobbler sucks as a GPS setup, and the other problem is I can't see the phone that great in the ram-mount I use for it. The mount is awesome, but visability is not so great.....

Old 12-01-2010, 12:29 PM
chipishere
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Motorcycle Minder $1.99, Use it for tracking maintenance on the cars and the bike. Beats writing the last oil change milage on a scrap of paper stuck on the garage wall.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:35 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boneziff
Post your bike related Iphone apps here. I'll start it out.

I gotta tell you guys about this very usefull app I down loaded recently.

"Adaptunes" It raises and lowers the volume of your music to the speed you are traveling. Tried it yesterday all day and it worked flawlessly. Its cost 1.99 all I did was download it and set it for motorcycle and it played my library. You can also add playlist but I havnt got that far yet. I guess this is mostly for bikes without a faring mounted head unit like me but I thought it to be very cool.
Great recommendation. Quick Question, this must be using the GPS to calculate speed, so does this work in the background if you are running a SatNav app? I will still use it anyway but nice to know in advance.

In terms of other apps, apart from TomTom (which I really do get on with although doesn't seem that popular here) and BBR (Best Biker Roads) and Greatest Roads (as mentioned above and a direct competitor to BBR) I don't use any apps.

What I have added to my Ram Mount is a rubber tipped stylus which allows me to operate the iPhone with gloves on

Old 12-01-2010, 07:42 PM
broziff
Tourer

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
Great recommendation. Quick Question, this must be using the GPS to calculate speed, so does this work in the background if you are running a SatNav app? I will still use it anyway but nice to know in advance.

In terms of other apps, apart from TomTom (which I really do get on with although doesn't seem that popular here) and BBR (Best Biker Roads) and Greatest Roads (as mentioned above and a direct competitor to BBR) I don't use any apps.

What I have added to my Ram Mount is a rubber tipped stylus which allows me to operate the iPhone with gloves on

Good question but I have no idea if it works with the nav system since I dont have a mount yet. I can tell you I used it for seven hours with my iphone 4 and still had half a battery when I got home so if its using the antenna it doesnt eat up the battery. Ive been using it in my jacket pocket and use the ear buds. I would like a mount but I have a otter box case and haven't found one that works with this case yet.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Dailydbl
Advanced

subscribing

Old 12-03-2010, 12:49 AM
NOLaFatBoy
Cruiser

subscribed

Old 12-04-2010, 06:19 AM
broziff
Tourer

Originally Posted by bobros
Slacker Radio. The best for customizing the music you like.
Does this use 3G service the whole time? Iam assuming its like a radio station right. If not What is the best way to get radio on the Iphone?

Old 12-04-2010, 07:27 AM
cajunfla
Tourer

Does this use 3G service the whole time? Iam assuming its like a radio station right. If not What is the best way to get radio on the Iphone?
Why not just add the songs you want to the iPhone? I have about 3GB worth of music on mine, and I go thru several tanks of fuel before I hear a song repeat.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Bluedog810
3rd Gear

Adaptunes simply uses the iPod function builtin the iPhone so it uses the songs you have loaded. Using the GPS feature it can detect speed which it uses to adjust volume.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:43 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, Slacker and Pandora are radio stations you can customize to your liking. I find Slacker Radio has more tweeks to it. For a small monthly fee, you can be completely commercial free.

Quick Reply: Iphone apps what works on the bike.