Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iphone apps what works on the bike.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
twistr
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 56 Posts

Great suggestions !!! Subcribed

Old 04-21-2011, 07:14 AM
bamarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apps

Another great app is Camp & RV. It uses your present position and you can filter items you want to see. It lists all the Fed, State, County, Army corps, KOA, and other campgrounds. It shows where they are located and information about each campground. Great when you ride and you want to find a place to just throw down a swag. It also has more information than that so just give it a try.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 AM
LA Cox
Cruiser

Great thread...lots of helpful apps that I didn't know about. I always just used the HogMe app and the regular GPS that came on it. I use the Gas Book app too...it gives the closest gas station locations and their prices. It also allows you to keep up with fuel economy on multiple vehicles.

Thanks for the other suggestions!!!!

Late,

Old 04-21-2011, 09:54 AM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subscribed!!!

Question for those of you using SIRIUS.....any idea how much 'data' you're using??? My AT&T Samsung Captivate is limited to 2 GB per month. It WOULD be convenient to use the Cell.

Thanks....
Billy G

Old 04-21-2011, 10:24 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,081 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Just posted this on another thread about mounting cell phones.

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/apps/...motorcycle-app

This sight has motorcycle specific apps for Android and Iphone. Looks pretty good. Got good reviews over on ADV.

Also mentioned - the Droid has great turn by turn navigation and you can speak your destination. It works great and it's free. But, the usb plug in on Droids is weak. I won't plug the cord in because vibration will deform the outlet. Not sure how the phone will hold up to the vibration and I know they will fail in rain. I'm thinking tank bag clear map pocket for the Droid.

Last edited by nevada72; 04-21-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:41 AM
JR-Boston
Tourer

Great thread - subscribed.

For the folks paying for turn by turn voice direction GPS systems, you know the free Skobbler app does this without any monthly subscription fees, right? The whole system is free, app and service. It just works off the GPS and maps already in your iPhone.

Has anyone found a cord that connects an iPhone to a battery tender lead? I'm going thru a cigarette lighter adapter now, but a direct line to the iPhone would clean it up. I know the battery tender lead is a standard SAE. Is there an SAE to iPhone connector?

JR

Last edited by JR-Boston; 04-21-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:15 PM
mllgator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pandora Radio. It is free and allows to listen to terrific radio through your stock stereo. It doesnt work where cell towers are infrequent & will drain your battery very quickly, so plug your phone charger into your cig lighter and you are good to go.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:38 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

subscibed

Old 04-23-2011, 09:52 AM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JR-Boston
Has anyone found a cord that connects an iPhone to a battery tender lead? I'm going thru a cigarette lighter adapter now, but a direct line to the iPhone would clean it up. I know the battery tender lead is a standard SAE. Is there an SAE to iPhone connector?

JR
Contact burnsmoto.com. They are a vendor on ADVrider.com and he is regularly making new types of cables. He posts if you have special requests, to let him know and he'll quote you a price. I hear his work is top notch, and I'm guessing he's the one who can do this. His names Stephen, and his handle there is burnszilla.

Let us know what he quotes you for a price.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:59 AM
vonzoog
Tourer

Originally Posted by JR-Boston

JR
You have to be careful with this. An iPhone is not charged at 12volt. I believe that they are charged at 5 volt (not sure). Not only would you need an adapter, you would also need some sort of voltage control.

Quick Reply: Iphone apps what works on the bike.