Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Garage?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Heated Garage?

ORIGINAL: JBA111

Man If Ilived in Wisconsin I'd heat my garage by moving it 800miles south
Hrmm, hadn't thought about that.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:26 AM
grizzley
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Barn has no heat either ( and not alot of insulation ). It's 20X60 with a 15 foot center so I got a BIG Kerosene Forced Air space heater
110,000 B.T.U.'s works GREAT for limited times ( up to 8 hours each ) It keeps those sub-Zero
days and nights at 80 degrees or better. It's nice working in a T-shirt on a snow ladden night.
I got the Space heater at TSC. Decent price too.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

My neighbors envy my on this subject. - They call the garage the "garage-ma-hall" (

I built an attached garage to my home, and the sq/ft of my garage is LARGER than my house. Garage is 28 x 32, with 11.5 foot ceiling height. And to go one step further, I installed radiant floor heating. This is poly tubing that runs through the concrete floor and has hot water from my furnace through it. Before I had the floor poured, I installed it.

I am afraid to hook it up to the furnace though, with oil prices, and a non-insulated garage, I am worried my furnace will run 24/7!

Before my garage was built, I had my 04 Deuce in my dining room with my tool box. Wife really appreciated that!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:08 PM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had my garage insulated with cellulose insulation and installed insulated garge doors. It's not as cold in TN as it is in WI but my water heater puts off enough heat to keep it around 45-50 on the coldest days around here. I use a Mr Heater mounted on an LP tank to warm things up to work.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 PM
ironhorse
Road Master

I have a forced air furnace in mine with duct work. Nice working on the bike in a tee shirt and a fridge full of Bud Light.

IronHorse

Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Happy_dan
Advanced

ORIGINAL: denispetit

My neighbors envy my on this subject. - They call the garage the "garage-ma-hall" (

I built an attached garage to my home, and the sq/ft of my garage is LARGER than my house. Garage is 28 x 32, with 11.5 foot ceiling height. And to go one step further, I installed radiant floor heating. This is poly tubing that runs through the concrete floor and has hot water from my furnace through it. Before I had the floor poured, I installed it.

I am afraid to hook it up to the furnace though, with oil prices, and a non-insulated garage, I am worried my furnace will run 24/7!

Before my garage was built, I had my 04 Deuce in my dining room with my tool box. Wife really appreciated that!

Ha ha, must be NH affliction. I added a 28X36 gagage seperate from my house. It has it's own power and 12 ft ceilings. I thought about radiant heat but it was too expensive. I put a heater that is on the ceiling and has three vents. Heats up the garage in about 15 minutes (although I never lower it to less than 50).

Use the radiant! Once it warms up, it doesn't take too much energy to maintain and it is really even heat. Works great!

BTW - I am across the river in Litchfield. Proabably a stones throw away but a 40 minute ride!

Old 10-04-2006, 09:48 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Happy_dan

ORIGINAL: denispetit

Ha ha, must be NH affliction. I added a 28X36 gagage seperate from my house. It has it's own power and 12 ft ceilings. I thought about radiant heat but it was too expensive. I put a heater that is on the ceiling and has three vents. Heats up the garage in about 15 minutes (although I never lower it to less than 50).

Use the radiant! Once it warms up, it doesn't take too much energy to maintain and it is really even heat. Works great!

BTW - I am across the river in Litchfield. Proabably a stones throw away but a 40 minute ride!
Hey there Happy_dan!

Looks like you out did me by 112 sq/ft! Glad to see you just picked up your road glide in august. My wife bought her springer in august in Manchester, and I bought my street glide in july of '06 in Meredith. I am at the northern side of Merrimack, just south of Bedford, so I bet I am right accross the river!

We should see if we could meet up for a ride some time. I saw your website, BTW, and it looks good. Is this your first Harley? this would be my 4th.

Talk to you soon!

Denis

Old 10-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Happy_dan
Advanced

Be happy to hook up sometime.

Bought mine at Heritage in Concord and yes it is my first one. I have always wanted one and my sister and my cousins all have them. My cousin has 4 of them and once I rode his Road King, I had to have one.

Feel free to email me through my web page if you want to get together sometime.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:53 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have always had a climate controlled toy shop. Course I've always had bikes and street rods, race cars and building something when I get a wild hair.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 8,177 Likes on 4,257 Posts

In my 3-bay garage, it stays pretty warm but I'll go for a ceiling mounted nat. gas heater before long. Already super-insulated, and heavy circuits for the MIG welder, plasma cutter, air-comp.

Went kinda nuts and installed a four post Bend-Pak lift since I'm putting back together a near total rebuild of a '51 Chevy 3/4T pickup with original running gear. Have to keep the bay door closed that holds the big lift cause everyone wants ta use it!

Quick Reply: Heated Garage?