Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod Song to MP3 Converter

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:15 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Create a playlist in iTunes ... drag the songs you want on the CD into the playlist ... right mouse click on the playlist name and select burn playlist to disk.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Steel Billet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
You can use iTunes,it's easy

Highlight the song (s)

Click Advanced (upper left of display)

Select "Create MP3 File" from the drop down menu

Unless you bought the music from iTunes with their stupid restrictions... It's More complicated then.(above my paygrade)
Thanks for this handy info. I have an iPod but I'm gonna start burning CD's so I'll have an interface with my music. I dont want to shell out 400 bucks for the iPod interface. I have been thinking about buying another head unit because of the non interface with the iPod. I guess I'll try the older technology and use CD's.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Billet
Thanks for this handy info. I have an iPod but I'm gonna start burning CD's so I'll have an interface with my music. I dont want to shell out 400 bucks for the iPod interface. I have been thinking about buying another head unit because of the non interface with the iPod. I guess I'll try the older technology and use CD's.
No problem,I'm sure there's people around here more knowlegable than me,all I know is my stuff seems to be working well for me.

There's nothing outdated about burning an MP3 CD- being able to throw 9 more hours of music on a disk is decent variety and the simplicity of throwing a disk in,shutting the door and forgeting about wires,charging,theft etc is pretty nice.

Hell I've had an aftermarket Alpine Stereo with built in iPod interface in my Jeep CJ for a few years and almost never hook an iPod to it.Too easy just to play the MP3 disk.

When you have the ability to pick out specific stuff off an iPod it's real easy to get distracted,almost saw a friend get killed cause he was changing tunes on his handlebar mounted iPod just before someone left turned in front of him.I'll still hook mine up on occasion (like a long trip) but pretty much leave it out of sight in my lowers.

Couple of extra tips I listed in another thread:

I always remove the album cover art off the MP3 files.Highlight the file then ( Click "File" on the upper left of iTunes,then "Get Info" then click "Artwork" and then "Delete" ) I also burn my disks at the slowest speed available....there's no hurry and it doen't take much longer anyway.

Goodluck !

-ET