Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 09:45 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet

Looking at getting a new fullface that will be quieter on my E. Glide. Discovered the Schuberth, and although they are ridiculously expensive, if they are as nice as they claim to be they just might be worth it. Also looking at Shoei Qwest.

thanks for the help.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:05 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Kazoo on the Flintstones wore one.. (BG)
Have you looked at the Shark Evoline II?

Mark

Old 11-26-2010, 10:11 PM
jvvjvv
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had one for about a month. It replaced a Shark EV II........(a nice hat).

The C3 is pretty much an upscaled version of the Shark. It does fit better and is lighter. All the shield, sunshade, vents, etc. are much better. The shield lifts from the side rather than the center. The detentes are much more positive. The sun shield works from the side rather that on top of the helmet. Fast connect on the strap. Fits under chin and blocks cold are much better. A truly fine piece of work. Worth the extra bucks.

Know "nothing" about the quest........but, have had many Shoei's over the years and they were top notch.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:52 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP
I think Kazoo on the Flintstones wore one.. (BG)
Have you looked at the Shark Evoline II?

Mark

Too Friggin Funny!
My girlfriend couldn't find her helmet, so she borrowed my daughter's. As soon as she put it on I called her the Great Gazoo. When we stopped to get something to eat, I stuck 2 straws to it and almost wet myself.
I still laugh whenever I think about it.Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet-gazoo-1-.jpg

Old 11-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Last I heard the C3 wasn't available in the US, Has that changed?

Old 11-27-2010, 10:52 AM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Last I heard the C3 wasn't available in the US, Has that changed?
Yes it is now available, you can get them through RevZilla.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:56 AM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jvvjvv
I have had one for about a month. It replaced a Shark EV II........(a nice hat).

The C3 is pretty much an upscaled version of the Shark. It does fit better and is lighter. All the shield, sunshade, vents, etc. are much better. The shield lifts from the side rather than the center. The detentes are much more positive. The sun shield works from the side rather that on top of the helmet. Fast connect on the strap. Fits under chin and blocks cold are much better. A truly fine piece of work. Worth the extra bucks.

Know "nothing" about the quest........but, have had many Shoei's over the years and they were top notch.
Why did you only have the C3 for a month? I really like the idea of a flip-up that is why I am looking at the C3. I tried on a Shoei Multitech and my chin hits the guard (otherwise it was awesome), and the Shark Evo that I tried on I didn't like that much. Had a RF1000 but recently sold it as it was too noisy for me. Also tried a Scorpion but my chin hit as well.

Trying to find a fullface that works well on a fairing bike and fits my face is not easy.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:28 PM
jvvjvv
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
Why did you only have the C3 for a month?
Because I bought it a month ago.......

I still have it........not a chance of NOT keeping it.

The Shark was damaged in an accident and I needed a new hat. Luckily I stumbled across the C3, otherwise I would have gotten another EV II.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:34 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jvvjvv
Because I bought it a month ago.......

I still have it........not a chance of NOT keeping it.

The Shark was damaged in an accident and I needed a new hat. Luckily I stumbled across the C3, otherwise I would have gotten another EV II.
So I'll take it that you like it... LOL! I want one, but since its twice as expensive as the Shoei I am really debating this one. How is the buffeting at highway speeds? That was my problem with my RF1000, my vision was blurred due to buffeting and it was noisy. Tried 4 different shields, lowers, batwing wind deflectors, and fork baffle and nothing worked.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:49 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Holy smoke! $700 for a helmet...

I've been very happy with my Shoei X-eleven for a full face helmet. If you've got the coin and like the helmet then go for it. The best helmet is the one you actually wear...

Quick Reply: Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet