Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:32 AM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

Expensive helmet, but top quality. It's very quiet and aerodynamic. The buffeting has definitely quieted down since I've had thiis hat.

$700 is a lot of money, and I had to take a real deep breath to buy it. But worth the dough.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

wasn't familiar with the helmet but looked it up. Its cool. here is a link to the Helmet Harbor. Doesn't look like they carry that one but the guy is pretty good and does reviews on numerous helmet brands and makes. Worth a couple of minutes to check and see if he does the helmet you are looking for, or and alternative. I know he does some Shoi reviews. hope you find what you need. He goes into shape, venting, noise and weight when comparing to others. http://www.helmetharbor.com/ hope it helps some at least.

cass

Old 04-10-2011, 10:53 AM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive used my sons hjc carbon fiber helment on cold days on my s/g damm that thing is light,and very quiet.the only thing its not a flip up mod style and was a lil pricey

Old 04-10-2011, 08:10 PM
djw
Intermediate

I have a c3 and I like it. Has better visibility than my shoei multitec. It vents very well too. The builtin sun shade is excellent. I got mine before they were back in the us from fc-moto.de. It arrived at my house faster than most domestic orders - I had it in 3 days.

It is a bit quieter, and lots lighter than the multitech, but I really don't think my multitec is all that noisy, maybe I have a good one.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:42 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrill_of_it_all_
Arai helmets - Profile and Corsair models are pure bliss and ecstasy for fit and comfort. Arai has been and will remain the benchmark for all other helmet mfgs - pure perfection. Once you try 1on, you'll want to sleep in it......
I'm all about some noggin' coverage, but I can guarantee you "I don't want to sleep in it".... Never really thought about going to sleep while I was riding my Hog, but if they're that comfortable, keep em away from me....

Old 07-08-2011, 10:51 AM
karjar
Advanced

For those with the C3, what are you using for a comm system, and how do you like it? Install ease? I am aware of the bluetooth comm collar offered by Schubert which would be great with my zumo665 and XM radio, but not for the radio. Mostly interested in the ability to listen to music.

I do find the C3 ( maybe all full face helmets?) cause a lot of reverb or resonance of the pipes. If I ride for 3 hours without ear plugs, my ears will ring for 12 hours.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:57 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by karjar
If I ride for 3 hours without ear plugs, my ears will ring for 12 hours.
Now I wonder how long my ears will ring after 17 days of riding, I find ear buds fit and suppress noise better that any of the ear plugs available including custom made plugs.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,864 Likes on 2,428 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by karjar
For those with the C3, what are you using for a comm system, and how do you like it? Install ease? I am aware of the bluetooth comm collar offered by Schubert which would be great with my zumo665 and XM radio, but not for the radio. Mostly interested in the ability to listen to music.

I do find the C3 ( maybe all full face helmets?) cause a lot of reverb or resonance of the pipes. If I ride for 3 hours without ear plugs, my ears will ring for 12 hours.
We have the Schuberth C3 bluetooth collars. Don't listen to music.

What you are experiencing with ear ringing is not quite as you describe. Wearing a FF helmet cuts out some of the high frequency noise, which in turn gives the impression of amplifying the lower frequencies.

If your ears are ringing that long you WILL suffer permanent hearing loss. I urge you to investigate hearing protection and use it! Don't delay. I have been using foam plugs since the 70s and we wear them on all but short trips, on the bike and in the car.

If all else fails, fit quieter pipes. Your hearing IMHO is worth far more than sounding 'cool'!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 AM
karjar
Advanced

I do wear ear plugs with both my half helmet and my full face. I forgot to put them in one time after refueling wearing my C3, and that was when I got the ringing. Of coure the half helmet with earplugs still allows me to ear the radio, but not with the C3 so need to do something about that with a headset of some type

Old 07-08-2011, 12:22 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
Looking at getting a new fullface that will be quieter on my E. Glide. Discovered the Schuberth, and although they are ridiculously expensive, if they are as nice as they claim to be they just might be worth it. Also looking at Shoei Qwest.

thanks for the help.
I bought a Shoei Qwest. It replaced my RF1000.

To tell you the truth, I'm a bit disappointed. Not much quieter than the 1000, and the air intake on top whistles. Not at all what was advertised.

If I had known when I bought it, I would have gotten a RF1100 or Multitec.

The Schuberth helmets look nice, but the last time I tried one it didn't fit my head shape right...

Quick Reply: Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet