Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 04:28 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeap, I wanted a J1 from Schubert, but at 600+ euros, was not gonna happen...
For something in that price range... check these out, much better, more retro than aviator:

http://www.exclusivehelmets.com/Ruby-Helmets_ASCN5.aspx

Beautifully hand crafted.

Mimo.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:45 PM
oldbagr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a C3 with the Cardo system and, although very expensive, it is a quality helmet; lightest weight modular, lowest noise, comes with pinlock fog shield and retractable sun visor. I have more of an elongated oval shaped head which my Arai Profile fit perfectly. The C3 is not quite an elongated oval but is not round either so it fits my head shape but you really do need to try one on before buying. The C3 is designed to fit tighter than most other helmets which is part of their sound deadening design. The Cardo system replaced the OEM collar and integrates very well with the helmet. Unfortunately, I have not been able to take a ride with it yet so I can't comment on how it performs or feels after several hours of riding.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
karjar
Advanced

Originally Posted by rstekeur
I got a 3/4 with a flip down face shield from Walmart for $75, the thought of spending $700 on a helmet gives me that puckered feeling
Spent upwards of $20kplus on bike. Car pulled out on hiway on previous bike. That gave me puckered up feeling, and now my head is the last place will worry about money. Most spend more on chrome and handlebars, but to each there own.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:37 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,864 Likes on 2,428 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by oldbagr
I just bought a C3 with the Cardo system and, although very expensive, it is a quality helmet; lightest weight modular, lowest noise, comes with pinlock fog shield and retractable sun visor. I have more of an elongated oval shaped head which my Arai Profile fit perfectly. The C3 is not quite an elongated oval but is not round either so it fits my head shape but you really do need to try one on before buying. The C3 is designed to fit tighter than most other helmets which is part of their sound deadening design. The Cardo system replaced the OEM collar and integrates very well with the helmet. Unfortunately, I have not been able to take a ride with it yet so I can't comment on how it performs or feels after several hours of riding.
I have owned all three generations of the Schuberth C helmets. My wife and I bought C3s with Cardos at a UK Show a few weeks ago. They had a trained fitter there (wow, worth going just to admire her, let alone be served as well!) who made sure we got the correct fit. Our old helmets were the same size, but she demonstrated why my wife should have a girly one - in mother-of-pearl white - quite stunning! I had to make do with a world map version.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
rstekeur
Road Captain

Originally Posted by karjar
Spent upwards of $20kplus on bike. Car pulled out on hiway on previous bike. That gave me puckered up feeling, and now my head is the last place will worry about money. Most spend more on chrome and handlebars, but to each there own.
I agree, you can't replace your head, I wear a helmet in Florida where most people don't. I choose to, just not sure now much more effective a $700 helmet is compared to a DOT Fuel helmet that cost $75. Maybe the reason is why some of use ride a Chevy and some drive a Porsche.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:17 PM
karjar
Advanced

Originally Posted by rstekeur
I agree, you can't replace your head, I wear a helmet in Florida where most people don't. I choose to, just not sure now much more effective a $700 helmet is compared to a DOT Fuel helmet that cost $75. Maybe the reason is why some of use ride a Chevy and some drive a Porsche.
Agree with you. I am sure like so many things, there is a point of diminishing returns, in terms of money spent.
I am hoping this is as lightweight and quiet in terms of wind noise that others say it is. I ordered one but if not, will return it, as that is part of the reason for parting with that much money.
Jeff

Old 03-09-2011, 06:13 PM
ULTRA ZOOM
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Motorcycle Consumer News in the march isue , rated the Schuberth C-3 flip up as the best flip up on the market. The helmet is expensive, but it is the quietest flip up on the market.The ventilation system is top notch as is the vision up down right left. They also say it is very comfortable.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Kotte
Novice

If someone should be interested in a Schuberth J1, here is a link to a German outfitter company. They have the J1 one on sale for 299 Euros. The only problem is that you need to have somebody in Germany who can send you the helmet over to the US, Louis does not send to the US or Canada. I just ordered two of them and can't wait to get them.

http://www.louis.de/_10a29dbebeb002a...rtnr_gr=204224

Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

J&M Corporation is now offering our high-performance integrated corded headset, as a custom install at our factory in Tucson, into the Schuberth C3 helmet ,,,

you can plug this custom J&M integrated headset into any factory installed motorcycle audio system ever made, just by interchanging the lower section cord ,,,,

Old 03-15-2011, 08:23 PM
doctorharrison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
Yes it is now available, you can get them through RevZilla.

THANKS! for the Revzilla info. Bought a C3 from fc-moto in Germany last year and it took 3 months from order to delivery.

Have always wanted a spare sun visor for it but it was not available at the time of purchase. Rezilla had it in stock and it ships in 24 hours, no charge.

Love the helmet, as quiet as advertised. Expensive, but it is quite comfortable.

Last edited by doctorharrison; 03-15-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet