Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
Do you get any buffeting riding with the C3 and a windshield? How is the fit, is the helmet round, oval?
I don't get any buffeting, but that's determined largely by your height and I'm just 5'7" with a 30" inseam. It's the quietest helmet I've owned by far, and the ventilation is excellent.

I'm not sure about the shape other than it's made for your typical European shaped head and it's the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. I've got five friends who also own the C3 and they've said pretty much the same thing.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Mr Cujo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gadgetech
Glad to see they finally got DOT certification.
Considering DOT certification basically consists of a "Yeah, it'll hold" statement from the mfg., and no actual testing required, unless the DOT buys and tests one at random, using standards from 1972 -- compared to ACTUAL testing for Snell rating, I'd offer that DOT certification might not be worth the sticker it's printed on...

Snell helmet rating info

Old 03-02-2011, 10:01 PM
karjar
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
I don't get any buffeting, but that's determined largely by your height and I'm just 5'7" with a 30" inseam. It's the quietest helmet I've owned by far, and the ventilation is excellent.

I'm not sure about the shape other than it's made for your typical European shaped head and it's the most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. I've got five friends who also own the C3 and they've said pretty much the same thing.

For those that have the C3, since it has no D rings on the strap, how do you lock it up when you take it off and leave the bike?
jeff

Old 03-03-2011, 01:42 AM
jvvjvv
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I leave it on the bike when in sight and take it with me if I am going to be where I can't see it. The only down side of the hat.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:33 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,862 Likes on 2,427 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by karjar
For those that have the C3, since it has no D rings on the strap, how do you lock it up when you take it off and leave the bike?
jeff
I carry mine or lock it out of sight in the tourpak!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:25 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by karjar
jeff
I either leave it in the tour-pak or lock it to the bike with a cable lock running through the open visor.

Last edited by Twinrider; 03-03-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:40 AM
VTGlideRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a chance to try the C3 on at the NY motorcycle show where the manufacturer had a booth. It was a nice lid to be sure, but for my head shape it wasn't worth the extra bucks. Just from wearing it for 5 min I could already feel a hot spot or 2.

They had a BMW dealer with a booth actually selling them. I needed one with the bluetooth comm gear, and that set-up would have set me back just shy of a grand. I ended up buying a Nolan N90 with the N-Com bluetooth. Fit me a lot better and the entire set-up was close to $400 cheaper.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:49 AM
walterhess
Stage IV
Default C3

I have had a shark evoline for the last couple of years and i started looking for a quieter helmet. after reading a lot of reports I decided to step up and get the Schuberth C3. I have only rode it a couple of times recently but it has lived up to expections. I have had luck buying hlemets over the internet without trying them on but i went to the local BMW dealer to look the hlemt over and was glad I did. I moved up a size. everything I have seen so far makes it worth the extra money. lighter quieter doesn't fog up nicer fighter helmet shield. I installed my cardo G4 on it and that is a little tricky but it came out fine. If I had it to do over I would go for the wired mike as opposed to the stick mike
I carry a extra cable to run thru the face shield to lock the helmet up if I don't have my tour pack on the bike.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:28 AM
karjar
Advanced

Thanks guys. Still trying to pull the trigger on this one. Have to buy over the Internet since the closest retailer with them is 8 hours away.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:20 PM
rstekeur
Road Captain

I got a 3/4 with a flip down face shield from Walmart for $75, the thought of spending $700 on a helmet gives me that puckered feeling

Quick Reply: Anyone wore a Schuberth C3 Helmet