Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerlet Plug for Heated Gear Other Acc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010 | 02:11 AM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bmorebhoy
Navy UC Rider - That does look like the Powerlet plug on the Gerbing adapter. I had the Powerlet horn mount on my RKC at first but I never used it because I needed adapters and extension cords to reach my saddlebag for the phone or my waist for the Gerbing dual controller. I was also concerned with possibly melting the cable with it so close to the engine and stock rear header. So I went with the saddlebag outlet and ran the Gerbing power cable for the Gerbing gear. i brought the connector up, wiretied it to the frame and tuck the connector into a hole in the frame gusset until I need it.
If you do go with the horn mount outlet I'd suggest figure out how you'll run the adapter, measure the distance and have Powerlet make you the adapter, with a right angle Powerlet plug, so there aren't too many connections and to keep the wiring clean.
Thanks for the idea, I will have to take a look at that.

Cale