Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S ro Pittbull?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:56 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
I would have probably bought the Pitbull, but weight and size were a factor since I store it standing on end. Got the J&S and like everyone else on here, I'm very happy with it. The oil drain pan makes it very easy to change the fluids without staining the garage floor. And that keeps mama happy.
They are both great jacks.

I’ve heard that a lot of people like this J & S oil drain pan gizmo. I just looked on the site to check it out but it’s not a very good picture. Looks like a custom bent cookie sheet with a “V” shape at one end to divert the oil into a collection container. Seems to me that you end up with this oily cookie sheet that you either have to clean up before you figure out where to keep it. Plus it costs $40 delivered.

Maybe I’m totally missing something but why not just drain the fluids directly into the collection container? Been doing it that way for years. Just seems like a whole lot less mess and hassle to me.

Here’s a pic of the technically advanced custom oil drain system that I use with my Pitbull. It’s basically free if you have a couple of quick clamps and some plywood. Should work just the same with a J & S.

I use the bigger drip pan that you see for stuff like pulling the primary cover, replacing oil filter, etc.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:02 AM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
They are both great jacks.

I’ve heard that a lot of people like this J & S oil drain pan gizmo. I just looked on the site to check it out but it’s not a very good picture. Looks like a custom bent cookie sheet with a “V” shape at one end to divert the oil into a collection container. Seems to me that you end up with this oily cookie sheet that you either have to clean up before you figure out where to keep it. Plus it costs $40 delivered.
Yep, you're right. It is basically a heavy gauge custom bent cookie sheet. I use it much like you do with the pan on the floor. I drain directly into a recycle bin, but the drain pan catches all the stuff that gets away. I just spray it with degreaser and wipe it down with a paper towel when I'm done, probably the same thing you do with your cookie sheet.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Jack Choice

Was reading the local FLEET FARM weekly flyer. They have the Larin jack on sale.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/catalog/pro...ad&button=true

Attached Thumbnails J&S ro Pittbull?-0000000001562.jpg  
Old 11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Never did see what was so special about whiskey that tastes like charcoal..
That crap is just sooooo nasty, blechhh...

That's fine with me.....just one more bottle on the shelf next time I go to Sturgis. This stuff was a rare commodity this past summer. Every place I stopped on the way was SOLD OUT.

But seriously.... it's sippin whiskey. Best served with ice and just a splash of water to bring out the taste. Stopped at the distillery last summer and took the tour... My kid with Mr. Jack Daniels....

Last edited by Harley_RN; 11-27-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
Yep, you're right. It is basically a heavy gauge custom bent cookie sheet. I use it much like you do with the pan on the floor. I drain directly into a recycle bin, but the drain pan catches all the stuff that gets away. I just spray it with degreaser and wipe it down with a paper towel when I'm done, probably the same thing you do with your cookie sheet.
Ok, I get it now.

But I gotta say that my "cookie sheet" only cost $8.99 and would bake a boatload of cookies. Guess I need to get a pizza oven for the shop.

Does the J & S gizmo catch the mess that drips off the oil filter area?

Old 11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

J&S for me.