Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To my Touring Friends... It gonna be a long winter

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:58 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

U can bring it to New Mexico, I will keep the battery charged up good for you. there's only bout 12 days out of the year I can't ride.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:52 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that at least in the northeast the season is far too short. I hate the winter! Like the author of the thread I didn't have a very exciting riding season. No real long trips. I went to Americaid, it rained most of the time. Thought I'd go back up to Lake George to ride later in the summer, it rained again! Now we're on the threshold of winter and nothing to look forward to until Daytona. Hate to be a pessimist, but I'm anticipating it will be cold! Or if it's not, it will rain! Sorry. Just in a bad frame of mind.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

Originally Posted by myflhtc
If you think that you had a Bad Summer check mine out--I had two heart attacks in April, a pacemaker/defibulator installed in September, and the first week in November I rented a car and took a road trip and my defibulator went off in The Outer Banks.
Now the doctor not only will not allow me to ride my scooter but now I can't ever drive my car till things get lined out.
So to all who read this---Let the good times roll why Ya can, and when Ya think that Ya got things bad, just look around and see what problems others are living with.
I feel lucky LUCKY to be here !
Happy Trail's
Oh, Man, I missed your post at first. That is a bad string of luck. Without your health, the weather doesn't matter. Good luck to you. Hopefully they'll get you stabilized and you can resume the things you love to do.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:20 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do some mods to it. Winter is hit or miss here in SC. Maybe be cold and may not be. So I went ahead and took off the front end and dropped off at powdercoater today. Finally the last of my coatings, I think. Wheels are next on my list.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 AM
woodhog17
Road Master

Originally Posted by yljkt
I just re-focus and ride the ATV's for the winter. Put the plows on, do some trail riding. It sucks...but at least I have a diversion. That and wrenching. Going with a 97" S+S this winter, some head work, and cams. That should keep me busy lol
I can't even ride my ATV right now .... without tracks. Today it's snowed about 1 1/2 ft. .... so far. It's still snowing. That's what I get for living in northern Canada.

I must say that I had an awesome summer though. I put on over 18000 miles. Went to Sturgis on a month long ride. Had a blast.

You gotta live each day to the max. You never know what the future might bring.

Good luck to those that are having health problems. Hope you can enjoy next years riding season.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,105 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Enjoy now for what now is....Never know what tomorrow brings....Today is the first day of the rest of your life...We could make a country song out of this...Oh! yeah...there's already one...Put the bike in the trailer and take a ride a bit south and ride for a day or 2.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:15 AM
cdale976
Road Master

took a ride here in eastern pa on t'day in the flurries. ride till the **** really hits the fan if it does **** i hope not

Old 11-30-2010, 11:21 AM
cdale976
Road Master

Originally Posted by myflhtc
If you think that you had a Bad Summer check mine out--I had two heart attacks in April, a pacemaker/defibulator installed in September, and the first week in November I rented a car and took a road trip and my defibulator went off in The Outer Banks.
Now the doctor not only will not allow me to ride my scooter but now I can't ever drive my car till things get lined out.
So to all who read this---Let the good times roll why Ya can, and when Ya think that Ya got things bad, just look around and see what problems others are living with.
I feel lucky LUCKY to be here !
Happy Trail's
Jeez man, hang in there and get well. the scoot will be happy to see ya fire it up before you know it. listen to the doc and your soul

Old 11-30-2010, 05:46 PM
sat4314
Road Captain
Received 1,735 Likes on 81 Posts

Can't ride in snow or ice, but cold temps do no keep me from riding. Just more stops at Wawa for a hot coffee. Maryland is still around 42 or so most days and being a PGR member I do not let rain or cold weather keep me from honoring our troops. Hang in there and plan on spending alot more quality time on your ride in the spring.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
kanddr
Cruiser

I have a winter hobby that I LOVE and that is snowmobiling. We got early snow and this is the earliest that I've ridden in years but I will only get one ride this winter. I have to have shoulder surgery in December and it will kill my riding season but at least I'll be healed by about May and can then ride the bike again. This sucks.

Quick Reply: To my Touring Friends... It gonna be a long winter