Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To my Touring Friends... It gonna be a long winter

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:59 AM
pilgrim08
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rained all day hear in western PA. We got between 1 and 2 inches of it. It was warm, near fifty degrees but, with the dampness felt like ten degrees cooler. I need a ride for my sanity. Bikes are put in storage for the winter. Sucks.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by myflhtc
If you think that you had a Bad Summer check mine out--I had two heart attacks in April, a pacemaker/defibulator installed in September, and the first week in November I rented a car and took a road trip and my defibulator went off in The Outer Banks.
Now the doctor not only will not allow me to ride my scooter but now I can't ever drive my car till things get lined out.
So to all who read this---Let the good times roll why Ya can, and when Ya think that Ya got things bad, just look around and see what problems others are living with.
I feel lucky LUCKY to be here !
Happy Trail's
Hang in there and take good care of yourself, so you are ready for the next riding season!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

Bad summers happen. Anyone who's rode for any length of time has had one or two. All you can do is move forward.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:43 AM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel for ya.

I can post Gopro videos of some of my Winter Rides if you want. Sit in front of the computer, and watch / listen. (Throw in your favorite vibrating device.) <--JK.

Take a winter vacation to Vegas, or LA and fly & ride.

Jump on the yellow quarter a ride ones in front of your local K/Wal Mart.

All joking aside... incorporate the scoot into daily life next season. You will get much more riding time in.

Here's to a fast off-season for you <-- I cringe at that term, as I feel that there is no Off Season.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:44 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I had five bad YEARS after gettin' hammered by a soccer mom in Arkanas. Spring will be before ya know it, so just hang in there!

Old 11-26-2010, 09:45 AM
NYBagger92
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myflhtc
If you think that you had a Bad Summer check mine out--I had two heart attacks in April, a pacemaker/defibulator installed in September, and the first week in November I rented a car and took a road trip and my defibulator went off in The Outer Banks.
Now the doctor not only will not allow me to ride my scooter but now I can't ever drive my car till things get lined out.
So to all who read this---Let the good times roll why Ya can, and when Ya think that Ya got things bad, just look around and see what problems others are living with.
I feel lucky LUCKY to be here !
Happy Trail's
I hope it all irons out for you!
The "I feel LUCKY to be here !" spells it all out. Life is fragile.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:50 AM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

Hang in there. As long as there is a next year, there is a chance it will be the best year.

Dennis

Old 11-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

What is this thing called "snow" you speak of? lol ........... Good luck next year.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:14 AM
quadrazer
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put new V&H Big Shots on my Ultra the evening before Thanksgiving. Turkey Day was nothing but rain and 38 degrees here in northern Ohio. Got up this morning to 21 degrees and everything that was wet is now iced over. Haven't even gotten a chance to road test the new pipes. I feel your pain man. Spring won't get here soon enough!

Old 11-26-2010, 12:00 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

iam glad iam here in california cuz i need to ride all year long there is no down time here unless iam doing mods.

Quick Reply: To my Touring Friends... It gonna be a long winter