Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever use the Yaffe supersize kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 03:44 PM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i cant help you out on that since i have TBW.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:26 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by batstreetglide
this may be a stupid question but how did you get the wires to fish thru the bars , do you have to strip the controls complety or did you cut and re-solder the wires.
Left side is easy. Right side is a bitch! I used a piece of chain to fish my pull line (weed eater string) through. Either use the TBW that repositions the plug at the bottom or cut and solder the wires (thats what I did). Remove the wires from the molex connectors< either get a molex tool or use a paperclip, pay attention to how they plug in and mark it. Shrink wrap the wires but don't make the wrap so tight that it bunches up, you need som flexibility. I used cable pull lube from home depot, the kind for pulling wire in homes. Messy but works well.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:51 PM
mfuchs2004
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SG_Dave
Left side is easy. Right side is a bitch! I used a piece of chain to fish my pull line (weed eater string) through. Either use the TBW that repositions the plug at the bottom or cut and solder the wires (thats what I did). Remove the wires from the molex connectors< either get a molex tool or use a paperclip, pay attention to how they plug in and mark it. Shrink wrap the wires but don't make the wrap so tight that it bunches up, you need som flexibility. I used cable pull lube from home depot, the kind for pulling wire in homes. Messy but works well.
A cool trick that saves time when fishing wire: use ordinary string or even strong sewing thread first. Shove it in the hole in the bar end then use compressed air to shoot it through. Helps to use masking tape to block the other bar end.

The string will shoot right out the lower hole! You can then fish your wires (or use the string to fish some nylon line if the string is too weak to pull wire on its own). If you don't have a compressor, a can of air for cleaning computers works too.

You can also use a shop vac to suck the leader string through from the base of the bars - this works especially well if you're trying to thread past existing wires.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by mfuchs2004; 01-02-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
batstreetglide
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have an idea how much longer the throttle cable has to be?