Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made in Taiwan

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010 | 11:11 AM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bmcgc
When I ws a kid it was cheap-o made in Tawian crap. Look at the quality that comes out of Tawian today.

I think the same will be true for the cheap-o made in China crap.
+1 When I was a kid it was cheapo crap made in Japan. I can remember going to the hardware store when the first Yamaha came in to see it with my Dad and my Uncle. I recall the joke was it was made from bamboo and old shell fragments.

It's a mistake to assume that the Chinese are incapable of making quality products. It's a mistake to think all they make are trinkets and low end products. The machinery they are importing from the west allows them to make anything they want, and to make it to very high standards. These emerging capabilities teamed with their abundant and cheap labor makes for some serious concern for our manufacturing sector.

Old 11-30-2010 | 11:31 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by badknees
I haven't bought a Harley accessory yet and I have a lot that wasn't made in Taiwan. I believe even Kuryakyn is going there also.
You can if you want to and pay enough attention to what you're buying.

Almost all my accessories are made in the USA.and just for the hell of it I might get rid of the couple of things left that aren't

As for Harley Davidson accessories ?....Some of HD's accessory stuff is made in USA...some of it isn't.Look closely before grabbing your wallet.

And why does it have to be HD accessories? There's well made stuff manufactured in the USA and like I said earlier J & P Cycles Catalog always clearly indicates the Made In USA stuff.

There's:Performance Machine California,Jocker Machine in Cali,Avon Grips & Pegs out of Texas,Lot of stuff Klockwerks sells is made in USA and many more I haven't listed.If it cost a few more bucks I don't care.The items I buy are well made and if there's any problem I go directly to the source,not some yahoo in Bumblephoque China.

Last edited by Slash; 11-30-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-30-2010 | 12:18 PM
ncdan
Tourer

I just purchased a set of lower fairings from a china company for 300 bucks. I was not going to pay 650.00 for the harley ones, for two pieces of plastic. I compaired them to harley ome and cannot tell little if any differance in the two. Go ahead HD , price yourself right out of business.

Old 11-30-2010 | 12:57 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
You can if you want to and pay enough attention to what you're buying.

Almost all my accessories are made in the USA.and just for the hell of it I might get rid of the couple of things left that aren't

As for Harley Davidson accessories ?....Some of HD's accessory stuff is made in USA...some of it isn't.Look closely before grabbing your wallet.

And why does it have to be HD accessories? There's well made stuff manufactured in the USA and like I said earlier J & P Cycles Catalog always clearly indicates the Made In USA stuff.

There's:Performance Machine California,Jocker Machine in Cali,Avon Grips & Pegs out of Texas,Lot of stuff Klockwerks sells is made in USA and many more I haven't listed.If it cost a few more bucks I don't care.The items I buy are well made and if there's any problem I go directly to the source,not some yahoo in Bumblephoque China.
I agree, look at the accessory boxes at the HD dealership before you buy anything. You'll find alot of them are made overseas. Kuryakin is the same way, bought a set of ISO pegs and grips and after six months the chrome is already peeling. Forget about any warranty either.