Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made in Taiwan

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010 | 02:59 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by cyclonecutting
As much as people hate to hear it, not everything made in China is inferior quality and not everything made in the USA is superior quality. There is just as much crap made in the USA, price is not the only factor.

The company I work for sells products to China, so they do buy some stuff.
Give me one example of a "quality" product made in China that is low cost.
Yeah, they do buy some goods from us. Key word is "some". Which they will probably use to produce some low cost low quality product.
Would you put tires made in China on your bike? I refuse to put them on my truck.

Old 11-24-2010 | 03:20 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by tj316
it's been this way for years, you just now realized it ? My 1986 Heritage Softtail I bought probably 7k in accessories for it when it was new, probably 40% of them had stickers indicating they were made else where back then, so you think 24 years later it's better, no way , but when you buy Harley accessories they are made to their standard and generally hold up better and fit better
Dude....did your typing finger have a stuttering attack ??
8 duplicate posts, fingers must have spazed-out for a
couple seconds huh ??

Its all good...just busting yer chops

Old 11-24-2010 | 04:32 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member

just seeing who's paying attention,really hit post review and the thing locked up, kept hitting post review and that's what happened, or I just felt strongly about that post and wanted to make it clear,yea that's it
Originally Posted by ybnorml
Dude....did your typing finger have a stuttering attack ??
8 duplicate posts, fingers must have spazed-out for a
couple seconds huh ??

Its all good...just busting yer chops

Old 11-24-2010 | 04:42 PM
bmcgc
Banned

I made this point in the off topic forum. For every $100 an American worker makes a worker in China makes less than $3.

Thats alot of ground to overcome.

Old 11-24-2010 | 05:31 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FDHOG
Give me one example of a "quality" product made in China that is low cost.
I purchased some really nice Bamboo Chopsticks that were made in China and they were very reasonably priced.

Old 11-24-2010 | 05:51 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, many folks want high wages and low prices... so what's the natural outcome?

Old 11-24-2010 | 05:59 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member

I could care less about what I make if I could buy what I need, and want at a price I could afford.

Old 11-24-2010 | 06:08 PM
bmcgc
Banned

When I ws a kid it was cheap-o made in Tawian crap. Look at the quality that comes out of Tawian today.

I think the same will be true for the cheap-o made in China crap.

Old 11-30-2010 | 09:43 AM
badknees
Road Master

I haven't bought a Harley accessory yet and I have a lot that wasn't made in Taiwan. I believe even Kuryakyn is going there also.

Old 11-30-2010 | 10:35 AM
Saint666
Tourer

The Nameless City Worker

Jobs in the city pay more than jobs at the factories. However, the cost of living in the city is much higher as well. It's not uncommon to find 4 or 5 people sharing a small apartment. Most unskilled jobs in Shanghai pay 1000 to 2000 RMB per month. Because of the low wages for unskilled workers, business create a lot of redundancy by employing a bunch of them. The restaurant industry is a prime example. They'll have multiple greeters at the door and who knows how many more waiters inside. On our train ride to Suzhou, there was a greeter at every single train car.

While the unskilled city worker may have access to far more entertainment choices than one of the 250,000 workers at the iPod factory, they generally don't make enough to really entertain themselves.

The English Speaking Worker

In a city like Shanghai, being able to speak English opens up a world of new possibilities for the Chinese worker. Speaking English also means more money - 3000 to 5000 RMB per month. For example, in order to work at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai, all employees (except cleaning staff) must be able to speak English or another language. The Grand Hyatt pays a lot more than a local hotel. Then again, they charge a ton more too!

A worker can make more money if he has a collage education. However, even if the worker is unskilled, as long as he can speak English, he's worth more than three times an unskilled worker.

FOR US TO KNOW,..1000 RMB ARE 150 USD....
5000 rmb = 750 USD.
Say no more.

Quick Reply: Made in Taiwan