Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weld failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:40 PM
cezariomaia
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, just did what HD didn't. Cut a piece of pipe, put it over the factory pipe and MIG welded. Total cost was R$30,00 = U$17,50. Let's wait the replacement, but I don't believe HD will honor warranty.

Attached Thumbnails Weld failure-soldarefeita2.jpg  
Old 02-09-2011, 05:38 AM
cezariomaia
Cruiser

End of affair between HD and Grupo Izzo. This is a google translation of a HD press release:

Harley-Davidson announced that starting today, will officially take its operations in Brazil

Sao Paulo (February 8, 2011) -

Dear Customer,

Harley-Davidson announced that starting today, will officially take their operations in Brazil. Among the actions to be undertaken in Brazil, is the plan for appointment of new dealerships that meet your needs, offering a solid cover and in accordance with international standards of the company.

New Harley-Davidson dealerships are named, one in São Paulo (SP) and Belo Horizonte (MG), and are aligned to the priority of providing a service mark of Premium to all customers. Therefore, her workshops are already fully qualified to perform reviews, warranty services and technical assistance in general. The operations of motorcycle sales in São Paulo are scheduled for early March, and Belo Horizonte, will begin in April.

From March, new Harley-Davidson dealerships offer technical assistance in the markets of Rio de Janeiro (RJ), Curitiba (PR), Porto Alegre (RS), Campinas (SP) and Goiânia (GO).

We are committed to our customers, and offer to contact, whom you need more information, phone 0800 724 1188begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0800 724 1188 end_of_the_skype_highlighting , or even e-mail sac@harley-davidson.com.br .

Harley-Davidson is making investments in the country to ensure better service to its loyal customers and win new admirers of the brand.

Thank you,

Longino Morawski
Managing Director, Harley-Davidson of Brazil

Old 02-09-2011, 06:24 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

That's great news.......right? HD must have won the appeal. Hopefully they left themselves some room to end the next contracts a little sooner or with less pain in case the new distributor pulls the same kind of scam.

Looks like they are setting up more then one so there is some competition?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:38 AM
cezariomaia
Cruiser

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
That's great news.......right? HD must have won the appeal. Hopefully they left themselves some room to end the next contracts a little sooner or with less pain in case the new distributor pulls the same kind of scam.

Looks like they are setting up more then one so there is some competition?
Yes! There will be various independent dealers, and I hope not "stealers", with serious business and respect to the customers, honoring HD history.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 AM
pcbertsch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the MoCo is using line workers from the Chrysler/Jeep plant.?!

Old 02-15-2011, 02:33 PM
cezariomaia
Cruiser

Good news! Today I received the exhaust pipe at home. Unfortunetely we are without dealers until end of march. A happy end for the affair. I'll be using the old one until it breaks again.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:57 AM
joslinj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that was the bike trying to kick off the stock mufflers and attempting to breath. Better listen to the bike and upgrade to a new exhaust.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 145 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfDog
Looks like it was never welded.

Not susprised, when I changed my pipes I found my all of my header nuts finger tight on the studs, with 2500 miles.......

Quality is NOT what it was, and likely never will be.

People are just not interested in their work today like they were in the past...
So in your 1000 mile service, they didn't check the torque on the bolts as part of the service? I'm thinking I may need to do my own service.