Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing HD Security

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:28 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Removing HD Security

My bike came with the HD Smart Security System. I want it gone. I have some questions though, maybe someone knows the answers.
1. Is it OK to just unplug the siren part for now until I figure out what I need to do to disable/remove the Security?
2. Is getting rid of the security a simple swap of the TSSM for a TSM and getting the ECM to mate with the new TSM?

Old 11-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes & yes.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:15 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JefFLH
My bike came with the HD Smart Security System. I want it gone. I have some questions though, maybe someone knows the answers.
1. Is it OK to just unplug the siren part for now until I figure out what I need to do to disable/remove the Security?
2. Is getting rid of the security a simple swap of the TSSM for a TSM and getting the ECM to mate with the new TSM?
I went the other way and added security, and all it is swapping out the tssm (tsm) and marrying it to the bike which was about a 30 min job. About 5 min to actually swap out the unit. The rest was programming.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:32 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,272 Likes on 2,492 Posts

well, if you want to get rid of your security system, i'll give you $20.00 for the siren.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:57 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

Why get rid of a security system?

Old 11-20-2010, 09:36 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

my 2011 RGU came with the security system stock and I wish I could have the option of disabling it. I have ridden since 1972 without and in reality it is not going stop someone from loading it up in a truck and stealing it.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:44 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FDHOG
Why get rid of a security system?
Because I've ridden since the 70s without one and really have no need for one. The chirp annoys me. I was at a gas station the other day and it didn't recognize my fob soon enough when I went to start the bike and the siren went off for a few seconds. Don't need the hassle. If I lived in an urban setting, maybe it would be another story, but out in the woods up here in NH, we don't live like that. I have $70,000 worth of cars sitting outside with the keys in them, and the bike is in the unlocked shed with the key & fob in the glove box. I put all new locks on my new doors in the house 12 years ago and have never used them. I don't even know where the house keys are located.
Jeff

Old 11-20-2010, 09:46 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll call the dealer and see if they have a TSM laying around. Would one from another bike work or does it have to be new?

Old 11-20-2010, 11:46 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member

If you don't like the chirp, just take out the siren. I don't have a siren on mine.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:19 AM
flash1034
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JefFLH
Because I've ridden since the 70s without one and really have no need for one. The chirp annoys me. I was at a gas station the other day and it didn't recognize my fob soon enough when I went to start the bike and the siren went off for a few seconds. Don't need the hassle. If I lived in an urban setting, maybe it would be another story, but out in the woods up here in NH, we don't live like that. I have $70,000 worth of cars sitting outside with the keys in them, and the bike is in the unlocked shed with the key & fob in the glove box. I put all new locks on my new doors in the house 12 years ago and have never used them. I don't even know where the house keys are located.
Jeff
Hey Jeff, Can I get your address...

Flash

Quick Reply: Removing HD Security