Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing HD Security

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:17 AM
greginNH
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1034
Hey Jeff, Can I get your address...

Flash

That's VERY funny!!

Old 11-21-2010, 06:44 AM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
If you don't like the chirp, just take out the siren. I don't have a siren on mine.
You can either remove the siren or disable the chirp. There is a setting that enables/disables the chirp when the alarm is activated (look in the manual)

Old 11-21-2010, 06:57 AM
lschultz
Road Master

I had the security krap on mine but I had them disarm it for nothing. I was going to ride mine to work one morning this was probably a year ago and I got on it and was pushing it out of the garage backwards and I saw the key light flashing on the speedometer- hmmmmmm- hit the start button and nothing. Messed around with it a few minutes and still nothing. Pushed it back in to the garage and drove the truck to work. Called the dealer and they told me how to disarm it but that did not work so I loaded it in my trailer and took it to the dealer. They got on it and went thru the sequence to disarm it and it started. I said kiss my ***. I don't want it on there so they put there puter on it and disarmed it for free. It is still on the bike but just disarmed. Like you where I live I don't have no use for it. Max (GS) roams around our place so there ain't nothing or nobody coming around that he ain't on it.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:02 AM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My scoot will occasionally do the same thing as the OP and it is aggravating but not really annoying. Tried to disable the chirp and could not do it, the dealer tried and also could not disable it. No big deal, might go out in the garage and try to disable it again for sh*ts and giggles when the coffee is gone...

I guess this is one of those times where, "They all do that"...

Old 11-21-2010, 07:08 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

I guess if I only rode around "Utopia" I'd remove mine too. Probably not...

I wouldn't stop there though. I would have them remove the fork lock, the locks from the saddlebags, tourpak, and just remove the need for keys all together with.
I mean...who needs the hassle right?

lp

Last edited by lp; 11-21-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:36 AM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they are a pain and really not necessary but that's just me. It's also an 'extra' we pay for on the sticker price of a new bike.
Anyway I had my security system fail on me in Souix Falls SD a few years ago. Staying at a motel. Checked in and when I came back out and went to start bike to park it....wouldn't start and everything was flashing. Thought dead FOB. Tried code. Nothing. HD dealer came and got it next morning. He replaced battery in FOB though I had just replaced it. Nothing. He tried code. Nothing. He yanked TSSM and got a TSM from another bike. He got me on the road again. Oh yeah...Told me the TSSM he took out of my bike was for a Sportster. It was still under warranty at the time and when I got home I had it fixed with a new TSSM just because dang it, I had paid for it when I ordered the bike. I have not had any problems since and that was 3 years ago. When at home, parked in the garage, I used to keep my FOB in my window pouch. Didn't take me long to figure out that wasn't a good place to keep it because once in awhile I will pop off windshield and ride without it. While in garage the FOB is still close enough to the bike that it will start. Well you can figure out what happened.
I do make sure and replace FOB battery every year.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 AM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Like others have said, sometimes it screws up and I just don't want to deal with it. I like HD because of the simplicity, the security in my eyes anyway is just one more thing to screw up and leave me stranded at the mercy of some dealer somewhere. I do quite a bit of long distance riding and don't feel like being unable to ride when I go to start the bike 8 states from home. This is my 5th HD and I have never had a dealer do any work on any of them, I really don't care to start now. If I lived in an area where I had to deal with theft, I may have it, but for now I'd rather not.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:01 AM
bbstacker70
Intermediate

I ask my dealer what it would take to disable/remove the security system. Service Mgr said I would need to purchase and have them install new turn signal modules, est for job $200. I hope he was just trying to do a proper job & not to rip me off.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Route66rider
Tourer

Not everyone will feel that way, and at such time you ever decide you want to sell or trade the lack of the security system may be a problem.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:03 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bbstacker70
I ask my dealer what it would take to disable/remove the security system. Service Mgr said I would need to purchase and have them install new turn signal modules, est for job $200. I hope he was just trying to do a proper job & not to rip me off.
That is a rip off. You could get a tsm used for less than $50. Guarantee they have lots of tsm's laying around that dealer. Most bikes don't from the factory with security on it , and dealers install them in house. Even if you did not want to program yourself, it should only be a half hour labor charge from a dealer. Should not be more than $100 total

Quick Reply: Removing HD Security