Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 120R delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

Well, you got me there.
Jerry

Old 12-04-2010, 06:20 AM
strokerjlk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+ 2 your a bad man!

Old 12-04-2010, 10:03 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you keep idiots in suspense? Answer to come later.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:20 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ripper43
Boats/Boat Motors are just a hole in the water you throw money into.. I've had a several I know what you mean.

Cheap basturds.
HD has a motor stand they sell, it might be worth looking into depending on price.
I would take the 96" and make it the base for a glass top coffee table! It will be in a climate controlled environment and it would make a hell of a conversation piece!

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
I wouldn't worry about the lack of bushings for two reasons. Reason # 1: Bushings impede the transfer of heat from the part that is experiencing the friction. By eliminating a bushing the heat transfer and thus the longevity is improved. The number one reason for the failure of plain bearings is their inability to get rid of the heat generated fast enough. Reason # 2, Bushings are often used to accommodate "variations" in the manufacturing process and not done for any particular "Good Quality" rationale. The only downside to using bushings is that if the bearing surface does fail the repair will usually require replacement of the entire part ie. the part can not be rebuilt. That said, I'm just guessing here but if a 120R motor comes apart I'd bet that there won't be much left to "rebuild"!
The 2006 Dyna's and all 07 and newer bikes have run without bushings or bearings in the came plate and I haven't seen any failures posted.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:04 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
4,396.76 for the engine comes with SE compensator all in a cardboard box. with the rest of the required parts 5,311.56. Told local dealership that i could order it out of Florida for 20 percent off free shipping and that i would just as soon give them the business and they matched it.
What exactly are the (1000.00) "rest of the required parts" ? I did not see or missed where you listed that while sifting through the 8 pages?
Thanks,
CB

Old 12-04-2010, 05:34 PM
RGriff69
Cruiser

Originally Posted by springer 03
How do you keep idiots in suspense? Answer to come later.
Well?? I'm waiting.....

Old 12-04-2010, 05:55 PM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extra parts required

Originally Posted by Streetbobster
What exactly are the (1000.00) "rest of the required parts" ? I did not see or missed where you listed that while sifting through the 8 pages?
Thanks,
CB
58mm throttle body, ACR harness, SE race clutch/ Heavybreather. This is one of only two air cleaners that will fit the 58mm from HD i think. And of course you will need a tuner ,exhaust and some gaskets. Dealership wanted 1100.00 to install it after i bought all the parts. I chose to install it myself as they had trouble doing the oil change at the 1000 mile. I told HD when they called me about my complaint that if i had a warranty issue with that bike i would burn it and file an insurance claim before i would return it to that dealership for work. There was a dead silence on the other end of the phone line. All set with wondering if i'm going to get a reliable tech or some kid working on my bike as a learning experience for 10.00 an hour. Well ,anyhow no more warranty with the 120R in it installed by me.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually the 120R should be a pretty reliable build as it is not "over the top" with compression or cams. I will be curious to see actual dyno numbers. The wuestion keeps getting asked about drive belts. My 07 120 was at 125/145 and still had the original belt when I sold it at 50k miles. It all depends how rough you are on it.

Jim - whatcha doing with two of these - do you need a tester for one? Send it my way !

Old 12-04-2010, 06:21 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
58mm throttle body, ACR harness, SE race clutch/ Heavybreather. This is one of only two air cleaners that will fit the 58mm from HD i think. And of course you will need a tuner ,exhaust and some gaskets. Dealership wanted 1100.00 to install it after i bought all the parts. I chose to install it myself as they had trouble doing the oil change at the 1000 mile. I told HD when they called me about my complaint that if i had a warranty issue with that bike i would burn it and file an insurance claim before i would return it to that dealership for work. There was a dead silence on the other end of the phone line. All set with wondering if i'm going to get a reliable tech or some kid working on my bike as a learning experience for 10.00 an hour. Well ,anyhow no more warranty with the 120R in it installed by me.
Thanks for the info.
CB

Old 12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
strokerjlk
Cruiser

Steve I hope you dont mind me hijacking your thread from time to time, seems everyone interested is already tuned in so I am just posting here.

A few more pics.they didnt turn out very good. I was trying to get a pic showing the B 168 bearing (stock) in the cases. the cams are a comparison of the 266's vs the T-man 662-1.
new style cam plate ....no bushing.

Guy
the plan on the two I am doing.
T-man 662-1 cams in Eric's bike. still to be determined what cams I will run. better question...how many LOL.
WFO Larry is doing his thing to the heads.
boarzilla pipe for Eric. probably what I will end up with also. I might try my E-pipe first.
I am using a HPI 58/62 TB cable drive.
Eric is using a SE 58 mm TBW that is getting some special treatment from HPI.

you missing that beautiful 07 yet?

EDIT: Guy talked to Herko today he tuned a buildt 120r it went 134 hp /142 tq.

Last edited by strokerjlk; 12-04-2010 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: SE 120R delivery