Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 ultra limited advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 11:23 AM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
it has smart tune included in the software.
But from what I understand the "smart tune" you are referring to doesn't cover all rpm/throttle positions and even where it does it limits the amount of enrichment possible. With a PCV w/AutoTune or comparable tuner you can tune to any A/F ratio you desire across the entire spectrum of rpm/throttle positions.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:53 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Georgia sales tax is .04 cents on the dollar. Congrats on your bike. I almost chose that color, it was next to mine on the floor, my 6 yo baby girl said daddy I like that one, so you can guess which one I got, lol.. The paint pops just as much as the 2 tone root beer.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:44 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts
Default The EPA owns Harley

Originally Posted by 2black1s
Nice package! Similar to what I got in Sept.

I haven't heard much good said about the new Pro Tuner. I understand that it limits the rpm ranges and throttle positions that are actually tunable. I'd consider a Power Commander V and Auto Tune (or other comparable tuner) in it's place.

And like some of the other respondent's say, get rid of the cat.
If it's coming as a product it HAS to meet EPA requirements. Hence it isn't going to give it the fuel it needs to cool it down and give it some grunt.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:11 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by my67pnycar
Georgia sales tax is .04 cents on the dollar. Congrats on your bike. I almost chose that color, it was next to mine on the floor, my 6 yo baby girl said daddy I like that one, so you can guess which one I got, lol.. The paint pops just as much as the 2 tone root beer.
Georgia sales tax is .04 plus what additions your county of residence has in local tax. Mine is .06 for example.

To the OP, have you shopped the bike at several dealers? I know some of the Atlanta dealers may be very willing to make a deal due to the economy.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:25 PM
gdaustin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My original post was what the HD dealer in Tampa was offering. I emailed one closer that deal and they said they could do better for my business. I guess I will be getting the electronics manual and a reduction in price also. The tuner is the last update to the older pro super tuner so I am curious about the smart tune capabilities. I am not looking to do a whole lot but maybe in the future get the cams, and loose the cat so will it be ok or is the mastertune that much better. Not sure anyone near here knows how to tune with the TTS Mastertune. I would really like to get the advice of an experienced tuner that is proficient at both. Maybe Doc as I might be able to swing down and have him tune it for me but that is an overnight trip. As for the cats, what is out there that is identical to the oem without the cats. I am still going to go with the 4" mufflers. Thanks for all the info and I WILL post pics when I get this baby.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:45 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

[quote=gdaustin;7560405] As for the cats, what is out there that is identical to the oem without the cats. quote]

FuelMotoUsa.com - Jackpot 2-1-2 Header.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Since you're doing all the work, I'd call and get their headers, mufflers, PC-V and Autotune. They've done all the homework and you'll have a great running ride.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:57 AM
flomastr
Intermediate

I have the 10'. these guys are right, you need true duals and dump the cat.I love the bub7. people say they don't make as much HP as others but i like the sound. This is my second ultra with throttle by wire this time i went with a TTS Mastertune. Had for over a year and just went with cams. Enjoy!

Old 11-21-2010, 08:02 AM
flomastr
Intermediate

I have bought my last 4 bikes from tampa/brandon hd. Doc performance in minneola fl, about hour fifthteen from you. He did my 10' ltd. Could not be happier with the mastertune. Send me a message if you want more info.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:12 AM
flomastr
Intermediate

Sorry thought you were near Tampa. I research everything and i had a local guy tune my bike and it was the worst ever (had to write off that $450). So I researched Doc and like what people had to say. Just got the it back with cams from him friday night. It is worth the ride to have him do it.

Quick Reply: 2011 ultra limited advice