Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Slip Ons?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006 | 06:49 PM
Corndog
|
Cruiser
Default Which Slip Ons?

I have an '07 RK Classic. I would like to increase the exhaust sound a little, but not obnoxiously loud. I would also like a little deeper, throatier sound. Which slip on, if any, would be best? Do slip ons require any re-mapping or air box mods? Any warranty problems? Do I ask too many questions?

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:00 PM
Edmo
Road Master
Default RE: Which Slip Ons?

1) I've got the Vance & Hinds Oval slip-ons on my '06 RK Classic and love them. Good sound, but not too loud.
2) In the "prior to '07" group of bikes slip-ons by themself will not require remap... Not sure with '07s. They added an oxygen sensor somewhere in the exhaust, so that is different from my scoot. Air box mod together with exhaust will definately give you more grunt and will need a remap.
3) Maybe. Depends on your HD dealer and the service rep... Although they shouldn't, just like with any mods they may try to deny you warranty coverage if they can prove the aftermarket part caused the problem you are trying to get covered.
4) No.

Good luck and let us know what you get... Also, post pics of your scooter!

Edmo

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:06 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

General Manager at my dealer has an '07 Road Glide with the SE Touring Slip-ons, SE air-cleaner and canned download. I thought the sound was nice and mellow with a throaty after-taste. Might not be loud enough for some but sounded just right to me.

I'm not too sure if the aftermarket folks have a lot to offer for the '07's yet.

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:10 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

All slipons that fit the 06 fits the 07, no difference in the mufflers just the header pipes have a 02 sensor in them.Ive researched and owned many of the top brands, just got my vance and hines ovals in for my 07, but the ovals are not as loud as the slash cuts or most others. But no one can tell you what you will like, go hang out at a hd dealer on a saturday and dont be shy asking the guys what they have if you like the sound.

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:29 PM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master

I just looked in to this and I went with Suppertrapp SE slip ons, they sound good and only increase the decibels by 3, they are the ones that make Harley SE slip ons, all tips are interchangeable.

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:38 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

Thats a marketing tool, I quized the supertrapp guys since that muffler is the old Screaming eagle performance slip on, supertrapp was the vendor that built them for harley till harley discontinued them, ever wonder where they got the name? Super trapp SE= screaming eagle. I told him I had those and they are way louder than stock pipes, he laughed and said sound level was measured at idle, open them babbies up and he said it was 18 db louder.But they do sound good.
ORIGINAL: 60mike06FLHX

I just looked in to this and I went with Suppertrapp SE slip ons, they sound good and only increase the decibels by 3, they are the ones that make Harley SE slip ons, all tips are interchangeable.

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:39 PM
kpshooter
Cruiser

I have SE slash up slip-ons on my RK Police. Deep sound without being too loud - just what I wanted. I believe HD has discontinued SE exhaust but many dealers still have them in stock.

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:41 PM
Corndog
|
Cruiser

Gunrunner & 60Mike:

Did you need to do anything with the EFI or airbox?

Old 09-22-2006 | 08:18 PM
redhwk44
Road Master

I just bought a set of "Rolling Thunder" slip ons and I have to tell you that I love the sound. I am not one for loud pipes but these sound pretty good, they have a nice deep rumble to them. But, I have to tell you that their service is less than desirable. It took almost 4 weeks to get my mufflers. Anyway, you can listen to them on their website and hear for yourself. Here it is, www.rollingthunder.com

Semper Fi

Old 09-22-2006 | 08:20 PM
redhwk44
Road Master

Sorry, that dog don't hunt. Here is the correct address. http://www.rollingthunderpipes.com/products.htm

Semper Fi

Quick Reply: Which Slip Ons?