Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Slip Ons?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006 | 09:02 PM
dionne51
Road Captain
Default RE: Which Slip Ons?

This has been discussed many times before in these forums, see the following link for a new thread GMoney started regarding exhaust where you can actually see and hear different exhaust systems on forum member's bikes. Hopefully more will pony up and take the time to create small videos for those who are undecided as to which exhaust to purchase.
There are tons of opinions out there but ultimately your choice will be what 'you' like, and not what others think sounds good to them.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_767986/tm.htm

Old 09-22-2006 | 11:17 PM
07 Road Glide
Advanced

Hey corndog
i just put on rush slip ons im real happy with sound and the price.

Old 09-22-2006 | 11:19 PM
Roger
Advanced

Rush 2.25" on my 07 RKC

Old 09-22-2006 | 11:21 PM
07 Road Glide
Advanced

so you happy with them ?

Old 09-23-2006 | 12:04 AM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master

corndog

I installed the K & N filter system and the Supertrapp SE slip ons, I can tell a big difference in the power, mostly in the high end range.

I have an appointment next Tuesday at the dealer to reset the computer.

Old 09-23-2006 | 12:35 AM
ATC2
Cruiser

Corndog
I researched this stuff for two weeks, I got to hear some of these. Many of the reccomendations given here will give you what you want and there're many more.
If you just want it a bit louder get the SE, I almost did. The VH are also a good choice I think they're a bit louder.
If you just get slipons you don't need anything else, if you upgrade airflow you should re-map (PCIII) best way to go IMHO.
This is what I got for my RK;
Rheinhart Tru-duals (I think they're gonna be louder than what i wanted) oh well...
Big sucker
Power commander(PCIII)
Happy shopping...RC

Old 09-23-2006 | 12:39 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
From: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

I have the Samson Silver Bullet slip ons. Anyone know which are the loudest slip ons available?

Old 09-23-2006 | 12:43 AM
GreighWolf
Road Captain

I've got V&H Oval slip ons on my RKC. Just pipes so far... no air box change no race tuner. The pipes sound good to me without being too loud. Be running them for about a week with no problems. My dealer is doing the "open house" thing tomorrow w/ 20% off all parts so I htink I'll pick up the race tuner and hi flow air filter.
The finishing touch will be the addition of V&H Dresser Dual head pipes. Once the head pipes come in... one quick trip tot he service guys to tune the bike on the dyno and all should be good.

Old 09-23-2006 | 05:31 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member

Python's on my 06 RK Classic... sounds great

Old 09-23-2006 | 08:42 AM
lenrough
Road Master

[sm=goodidea.gif] Great advice! There's hardly a single one of us that doesn't have an opinion about what we've bolted onto our scoots (or not!) and isn't willing to share that opinion... LOL

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

All slipons that fit the 06 fits the 07, no difference in the mufflers just the header pipes have a 02 sensor in them.Ive researched and owned many of the top brands, just got my vance and hines ovals in for my 07, but the ovals are not as loud as the slash cuts or most others. But no one can tell you what you will like, go hang out at a hd dealer on a saturday and dont be shy asking the guys what they have if you like the sound.

Quick Reply: Which Slip Ons?