Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOW TO: Street Glide rear fascia install

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:20 PM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

kudos to stifularson and harleypingman for helping me overcome a few issues on my installation of thr rear fascia. my 09 roadie has the license plate under the turn signal bar and the circuit plugs into the spot where the other post show vacant. i cut off the female plug on the tribar as shown. i then took 3 pcs of the wiring i cut off and install the female pins (after learning to solder..lol. a hint. get a real soldering iron, not one of those pos pens). i inserted into the new male plug and plugged into the tail light. i then attached the 3 wires from the tribar with butt connectors. on the 2 wires from the l/p light i installed along with the appropriate wires from the tribar. no problems....
here is the finished product...looks great

Attached Thumbnails HOW TO: Street Glide rear fascia install-dscf0729.jpg  
Old 01-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Good!

Old 01-22-2011, 05:21 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
kudos to stifularson and harleypingman for helping me overcome a few issues on my installation of thr rear fascia. my 09 roadie has the license plate under the turn signal bar and the circuit plugs into the spot where the other post show vacant. i cut off the female plug on the tribar as shown. i then took 3 pcs of the wiring i cut off and install the female pins (after learning to solder..lol. a hint. get a real soldering iron, not one of those pos pens). i inserted into the new male plug and plugged into the tail light. i then attached the 3 wires from the tribar with butt connectors. on the 2 wires from the l/p light i installed along with the appropriate wires from the tribar. no problems....
here is the finished product...looks great
That does look great. I especially like the way it looks with the single side exhaust. Your BAL and blacked out blinkers look good too.

BTW, I was going to suggest that some kind of pigtail splitter be made that would allow both plugs to work at the same time for models like yours.

Steve

Old 01-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Spark01, glad you got it worked out.

Carl

Old 01-25-2011, 02:28 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Does anyone have access to 2011 wiring diagrams that could help me out?

Believe it or not I have a complete 2011 Road Glide Custom rear fender and I'm in the process of mounting it to my Wide Glide... and I'm looking to see if I can make the rear wiring work with my existing Dyna harness. But I need some reference material to see if I can build the necessary connectors.

I opened a thread earlier but it's not getting much traffic. Take a peak at my thread by clicking here if you'd rather respond in my thread so you don't clutter this one up with some Wide Glide dude like me!

Thanks all and great job on the write up.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:40 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

Does anybody that did this mod have have the PN for the rear fender emblem that is in the middle. I just bought a SG fender but the emblem is missing. That is all that I will need to complete my parts list and get this thing installed.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:53 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

They don't come with that....someone just happened to find one that looked okay.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 18BKLR
Does anybody that did this mod have have the PN for the rear fender emblem that is in the middle. I just bought a SG fender but the emblem is missing. That is all that I will need to complete my parts list and get this thing installed.
The emblem was already on the fender when I bought my bike. I guess you would need to ask the parts guy at the dealership for the part number of the emblem on the rear fender of the 2011 Road Glide Ultra.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
The emblem was already on the fender when I bought my bike. I guess you would need to ask the parts guy at the dealership for the part number of the emblem on the rear fender of the 2011 Road Glide Ultra.
In HD terminology, it's called a "cloisonne" and they're also used on Road King Customs '04 through '07 and Road Glides w/o the fender tip light. The SG uses a plain black plastic stick-on cover.

Carl

Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Just finished mine, On my 2011 RGU............

BIG THANKS

SIFULARSON

Now I have to get the ***** to do the luggage rack..... Yikes

Attached Thumbnails HOW TO: Street Glide rear fascia install-imag0178.jpg  

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Street Glide rear fascia install