Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ID. machine track-true

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:50 AM
thawk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ID. machine track-true

has anyone used a track true from idaho machine co.

it looks very much like true-track with more cutouts on the oil pan mount and cost $150. i know sometimes you get what you pay for, and other times you pay for a name.

does anyone have pictures of the progressive unit mounted.

thanks

Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How about a link or pic of the track true set up. I haven't seen any of them up close, but am considering one on my 06', as it does have some sway to it in the curves, but nothing I couldn't stand or haven't adjusted too.

aka Bob

Old 11-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

double posted

Old 11-16-2010, 03:16 PM
thawk
Advanced

i have only seen it on ebay. im not sure if the site would frown on posting a link when it looks very much like a copy of a sponsors product.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:08 PM
thawk
Advanced

it doesnt look like anyone has tryed one of these

Old 11-16-2010, 11:57 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glide Pro. You will pay more but it is worth every penny.

http://www.glide-pro.com/stabilizing-system/

Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,861 Likes on 2,426 Posts

There are about a dozen brands of these things out there, claiming to improve dresser handling. IMHO some of them miss the point, but you are likely to find supporters for all of them. I suggest you use 'search' here on HDF for every one you like the look of. If there are not many posts, choose another one!

Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 AM
thawk
Advanced

Originally Posted by grbrown
There are about a dozen brands of these things out there, claiming to improve dresser handling. IMHO some of them miss the point, but you are likely to find supporters for all of them. I suggest you use 'search' here on HDF for every one you like the look of. If there are not many posts, choose another one!
i have searched, but sence all they did was flip flop the name and sence the truetrack is a much bigger company all i have found in my searches have been truetrack. your right everyone seems to be happy with all of them, bagger brace, glide pro, true track, progressive link. so if they all do the same thing why not save some money. i would just buy the progressive link but i havent seen one mounted up and how it looks is important

Old 11-17-2010, 09:58 AM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Again, take a look at the Glide Pro. It’s a different approach to stabilizing the bike and how it looks is moot as nothing is external. It eliminated my bagger wobble without increasing the vibration level.

I had one of the systems you are looking at and had it removed as it just didn’t improve the handling enough to justify the additional vibration.

http://www.glide-pro.com/stabilizing-system/

Old 11-17-2010, 10:33 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,861 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by thawk
i have searched, but sence all they did was flip flop the name and sence the truetrack is a much bigger company all i have found in my searches have been truetrack. your right everyone seems to be happy with all of them, bagger brace, glide pro, true track, progressive link. so if they all do the same thing why not save some money. i would just buy the progressive link but i havent seen one mounted up and how it looks is important
I adopted a simple approach when choosing which one to go for. True-Track seem to be the original designers of these things (and have recently been awarded a patent), also were the only ones when I was looking (3 years ago) that made a set-up for evos. I bought a Trackula kit and also a kit for my Dyna. Both improved handling far more than I expected and neither affected vibration. I also bought mine long before they started sponsoring HDF!

Quick Reply: ID. machine track-true