Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best Roadglide Winshield???????

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:46 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 6'2" and run the 17" cee baileys Dome on mine with lowers it's about as perfect as you're going get on a bike and still look sporty.

I look over mine . Very little wind noise and very good wind protection. Here's some pics with it on my bike.

Attached Thumbnails What is the best Roadglide Winshield???????-dragon-slaying-img_2714.jpg   What is the best Roadglide Winshield???????-dragon-slaying-img_2715-1.jpg   What is the best Roadglide Winshield???????-dragon-slaying-img_2716-1.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Honker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
I'm 6'2" and run the 17" cee baileys Dome on mine with lowers it's about as perfect as you're going get on a bike and still look sporty.

I look over mine . Very little wind noise and very good wind protection. Here's some pics with it on my bike.
I agree, it looks great!

Old 11-16-2010, 06:13 PM
dennis S
Intermediate

I love the looks of your Cee Bailey Dome Winshield. Looked at there site, there pricy, $250ish. Any deals on them out there?

Old 11-16-2010, 09:43 PM
RedDogNC
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis S
I love the looks of your Cee Bailey Dome Winshield. Looked at there site, there pricy, $250ish. Any deals on them out there?
That is the CVO version. If you go back to the site and go down a bit you'll see the standard version and then the choice will be Euro or Dome. Those prices are in the $170 range it appears. I have been eyeballing them for a while.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the Klockwerks 16" tinted flare and since it's the first real windshield I've ever had on a bike I can't compare it to anything else but it works great for me, I am 6'5".

Old 11-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Troubleman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Clearview SM is 2" shorter than stock, I think. After going through 4 windshields, this is the one I have left on. I'm 6'2", and this one fits me perfect. Clearview quality is impeccable, thicker than others = no vibration and doesn't easily scratch.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's also all about seat height. If you run two seats like I do (sundowner and corbin) you might need two shields to keep the wind in check.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 AM
DRAFT1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Key word here is "touring". I have been pleased with my Clearview. If your knocking out miles, you want as least wind, noise and buffeting as possible. A long day in the saddle with your head being beat around is for a miserable ride. I'm sure there are many windshields out there that may claim to be equivilent to the Clearview, but their quality is very good.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the XL Clearview and a 14" Windvest. The Windvest is my favorite and it looks way better, but it's a little short for me. I will slap the clearview on if I head out on a road trip.

6-4/32" inseam

Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Honker
Novice

Originally Posted by Honker
I just bought a 2008 Anniversary road glide, has a clearview (small) windshield, and hog chops and stock seat. I am getting blasted pretty good so have to make some changes. Also finding it a bit cramped with stock seat, I am 6'2" and need to move back some and I am thinking down a bit as well. I want to get the seating position figued out before the windshield and looking for suggestions.

I have an HD Tallboy seat coming Monday, hope that gets position right then I will work on windshield. The clearview will be first choice but probably need L or XL.

Quick Reply: What is the best Roadglide Winshield???????