Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

klockwerks windshield borrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 AM
exracer3
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshields

if you don't mind a ride to modesto harley they will let you test ride before you buy, as long as its in stock.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Mtn
Advanced

I wish I could have tryed the KW 6.5" first. I heard how great they were and bought one, only to find out it didnt work for me. I am 5'8" and have a 08 SG, I found out in minutes that the buffeting was to much for me. I now have a KW 8.5" that works way better. I still get buffeting on windy days, but hey it is a motorcycle.

Mtn

Old 11-16-2010, 06:35 AM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
Dear Just Saying, i had a black 4 inch, made from another company. i had no issues with it what-so-ever, i just wanted the curved feature. I could see through it with no problem. This is the reason why i bought the 8.5 black. The thing was solid black. I shinned a very bright flash light and could not see through it at all.

KW needs to properly advertise which wind Shields you have the ability to see through. I have seen many a windshield from different companies, and the KW is the only one I have seen that is black and you cannot see through.

I didn't say they made a bad product. I only said their customer service completely sucked with my experience and because of that experience, i will never recommend them; even though i still run their windshield on my scooter.

Just Saying
Sucks to be you....just sayin.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master

Originally Posted by diesel6060
Hey SlowRain, what dealer wil let you try it out? Every dealer I've talked to won't let you test drive it. Hate to spend hard cash on a shield I may not be happy with. Iron steed HD in Vacaville CA has a used bike with a 6.5 smoked klockwerks on it. Maybe I should test ride it to make a decision but not buy the bike. I'm sure they would love that move.
Tell your dealer to take a look at Klock's website, used to have a statement saying Klockwerks would send a demo shield to their dealers for folks like your self to try before you buy. Sounds like the dealers either doesn't know this or doesn't want to take the effort to make this available to their customers?

Old 11-16-2010, 06:43 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,797 Likes on 22,740 Posts

The 6.5 is an improvement over the stocker, but there is improvement to be had over the 6.5, like a 9 inch LRS, but like anything it's subjective..

My advice to you is to buy a couple of the fastaire shileds. They are like $40 bux a piece, or 3 of them for the price of 1 KW. By then you will know which one or what size works for you. Good luck..

Old 11-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Seats and Windshields are two items that people would be returning for refunds constantly
if they could.I would never buy either without a demo of some sort or at a mimimum putting a lot of thought into it based on measurements,simulations with masking tape etc and even then there's all the varaibles.Wrong kind of bars or poor adjustment of 'em are gonna affect where your head is in relation to the windshield or pressure points on the seat under a rider.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:31 PM
diesel6060
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default windshield test ride

So a funny thing happened since I started this post. As someone stated, I called klockwerks and asked which dealer they had close to me to test ride a shield. They gave me the name and number of a dealer not to far away. I call them and ask if they have one I can try out. They tell me they have sold all the demo models but I can still buy one. I call Vic back at klockwerks and he says he can't do anything. I decide to forget about the windshield then the phone rings. The gal on the phone is from klockwerks and tells me Vic called the dealership who said they had sold the demos and threatens to send them a bill for selling the demos. Now, a demo is supposed to be waiting for me. How's that for shady service.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Blu02
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

im 6' and have a 8.5 klockwerks on my ultra and love it. but it did take some getting use to since it's black! 6.5 was to short for me

Old 12-02-2010, 07:58 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,705 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Try an experiment next time you're riding. Use your left hand and hold it in front of you. Raising and lowering your hand feeling the wind flow around your head - make mental notes about the air flow patterns and try another windshield. try the same experiment and compare the results.

Next cross your left arm across your chest moving it up and down, then in and out. Chances are petty high that the buffeting you are feeling is coming up from under the fairing and not over the fairing and windshield.