Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

klockwerks windshield borrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:56 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by diesel6060
Hey SlowRain, what dealer wil let you try it out? Every dealer I've talked to won't let you test drive it. Hate to spend hard cash on a shield I may not be happy with. Iron steed HD in Vacaville CA has a used bike with a 6.5 smoked klockwerks on it. Maybe I should test ride it to make a decision but not buy the bike. I'm sure they would love that move.
Killer Creek Harley Davidson, Roswell, GA.

I am 6-0 and found the 8.5 was the best...especially over 65 mph. The 6.5 was good...but got quite a bit more buffeting over 65.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:08 PM
diesel6060
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I should have stated from the get go that I have a 07 streetglide not a rg.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 8.5 smoked. I bought an 8.5 black and couldn't see through it at all. Yes KWs have horrible customer service. I would never recommend their windshields to anyone, because of their horrible customer service. When I bought mine, I opened the box took one look and called them up. I told them I was 5-5 and with the completely blacked out wind shield, I could not see. Their response was, “yeah we get that a lot.” I asked them why they don't place that in their advertisement, that you can not see though their black, or tinted windshield. Her response again was, “yeah we hear that a bit.” I sold my black KWs on eBay for just a little less than what I paid for it and got a used smoked one. I really like the windshield, nice product, but I would never recommend them to anyone.
My .02 cents

Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
what a novel idea ,customer service .
What is this "customer service" thing you speak of ??

Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
I have an 8.5 smoked. I bought an 8.5 black and couldn't see through it at all. Yes KWs have horrible customer service. I would never recommend their windshields to anyone, because of their horrible customer service. When I bought mine, I opened the box took one look and called them up. I told them I was 5-5 and with the completely blacked out wind shield, I could not see. Their response was, “yeah we get that a lot.” I asked them why they don't place that in their advertisement, that you can not see though their black, or tinted windshield. Her response again was, “yeah we hear that a bit.” I sold my black KWs on eBay for just a little less than what I paid for it and got a used smoked one. I really like the windshield, nice product, but I would never recommend them to anyone.
My .02 cents
Interesting....I have had several dealings with KlockWerks and they have been nothing less than stellar with customer service. I ordered WFB slipons for the ultra I had and when I talked to the guy he said they had them...then called me back within 10 minutes to tell me they were out...but he had a distributor drop ship them to me over night...at their cost.

Maybe when you order a windshield that is "black" then it might be a good idea to assume you can't see through it...or at least maybe ask?

Just sayin.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,705 Likes on 2,127 Posts

Go to kustombaggers,com submit an email directed to Vic or Dustin. Klockwerks had a program where they would let you test drive the Flare windshield free - when you're done you send it on to the next person on the list.

I thought there was a trial windshield thread here but I couldn't find it.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:20 PM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a chance to hit the Klock Werks vendor up at an upcomming Rally. They will give you one and tell you to go on a ride. When you come back, you can either buy one or give it back. At the time i was riding a short 4inch windshield that did absolutely no shielding. When i put on the kw 6.5, i could actually wear my sunglasses instead of them blowing all over my face and it was still short enough to look cool. I told them i was on my way to miami and i would be back the following day. They told me to take the windshield and enjoy my trip and when i get back come see them and tell them what i thought. When my dad saw their great customer service, he went back and bought the 8.5 the following day.

I was amazed to see Brian and Laura hustling for sales and ringing customers up for the love of the company and for motorcycles in general. I was sold. I later bought some ergo ups and a hoodie. I will buy KW without a blink of an eye.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:00 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts

i have the short KW one on my 06 SG, i looks great, whick is all i really care about, if your down in the bay area, San ramon/livermore area you can take it for a spin, Ness carries them too, they are really good about lettin you try stuff out.

Mike

Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
My .02 cents
Originally Posted by SlowRain
Interesting....I have had several dealings with KlockWerks and they have been nothing less than stellar with customer service. I ordered WFB slipons for the ultra I had and when I talked to the guy he said they had them...then called me back within 10 minutes to tell me they were out...but he had a distributor drop ship them to me over night...at their cost.

Maybe when you order a windshield that is "black" then it might be a good idea to assume you can't see through it...or at least maybe ask?

Just sayin.
Just sayin' x 2 lol....Yes Klockwerks has outstanding customer service...

Some common sense and a roll of masking tape go a long way when fitting yourself for a windshield.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:32 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowRain

Just sayin.
Dear Just Saying, i had a black 4 inch, made from another company. i had no issues with it what-so-ever, i just wanted the curved feature. I could see through it with no problem. This is the reason why i bought the 8.5 black. The thing was solid black. I shinned a very bright flash light and could not see through it at all.

KW needs to properly advertise which wind Shields you have the ability to see through. I have seen many a windshield from different companies, and the KW is the only one I have seen that is black and you cannot see through.

I didn't say they made a bad product. I only said their customer service completely sucked with my experience and because of that experience, i will never recommend them; even though i still run their windshield on my scooter.

Just Saying

Last edited by HOG_0308; 11-15-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Quick Reply: klockwerks windshield borrow