Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Total Disappointment

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

If you are 2 hours away, why didn't you call ahead of time? Seems like the logical thing to do

Old 11-14-2010, 02:34 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mcook7373
I was so excited all week. I was going to pick up my 2011 SG yesterday. I showed up at my dealer and to my surprise I didnt see it on the show room floor. I thought well maybe they are putting the last few finishing touches on or what have you. So I look for my sales rep and find him and there is a look of terror that crosses his face. I think to myself uh oh. He comes and talks to me and tells me that his sales manager was supposed to call me to tell me that the bike was not even in yet. Its been shipped and should have been there but is late. I believe my wife put it best when she said that I turned as red as a tomato. I was heated to say the least as the shop is about 2 hrs from home. After some harsh words to him and the sales manager they worked a deal and will deliver the bike to my house sometime this week and gave me 5 extra years warranty and gap insurance all out of the dealerships pocket. Up until this point I was very happy with them and still am. They tried to make it right and I will have the bike but the frustration and the wait are killing me.
Wow! Killer deal. You should be extremely happy with this dealership right now. Relax - You're a lucky man.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:41 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

I would have glady waited another week, even 2 to get a free extended warranty. Not to mention the delivery. It might not seem like a good deal to you, but if you break something in 3 years from now you'll be a really happy camper. I would be smiling ear to ear. I'm sure it was an oversight on the managers part.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
Really? A 5 year extended warranty for being a few days late from the factory?! That's incredible.
+1 on that. Sounds like a premo deal to me! I think we all understand your frustration but honestly, if that's the worst mistake your dealer ever makes with you, you've got a darned good one. I think they went well above and beyond to make it up to you.

Originally Posted by Markymannn
If you are 2 hours away, why didn't you call ahead of time? Seems like the logical thing to do
Because he wouldn't have gotten the free 5 year extended warranty, that's why!

Ride Safe All,
Steve R.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:10 PM
yztij
Banned

I was so excited all week. I was going to pick up my 2011 SG yesterday. I showed up at my dealer and to my surprise I didnt see it on the show room floor. I thought well maybe they are putting the last few finishing touches on or what have you. So I look for my sales rep and find him and there is a look of terror that crosses his face. I think to myself uh oh. He comes and talks to me and tells me that his sales manager was supposed to call me to tell me that the bike was not even in yet. Its been shipped and should have been there but is late. I believe my wife put it best when she said that I turned as red as a tomato. I was heated to say the least as the shop is about 2 hrs from home. After some harsh words to him and the sales manager they worked a deal and will deliver the bike to my house sometime this week and gave me 5 extra years warranty and gap insurance all out of the dealerships pocket. Up until this point I was very happy with them and still am. They tried to make it right and I will have the bike but the frustration and the wait are killing me.
I know your dissapointed in having to wait longer for the bike but the fact that the bike was late coming in sounds like the shippers fault and for the dealer to give you 5 extra years of a warranty is way above and beyond what would be expected. Hell I wish my dealer would have done that I would of waited another month for that deal. Thats almost too good to be true.

Last edited by yztij; 11-14-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:15 PM
PirateRider
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I just picked up my new FLHTK and understand how you would feel if it wasnt there. I will bet you will totally forget the ordeal about 5 minutes into the first ride!!!

Congrats in advance and it does seem like they did you right.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

5 year extra warranty..I would wait for 2 weeks..but I have a few in the garage..

Old 11-14-2010, 03:40 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

5 year extended warranty and GAP? for Free? Delivery to your door? That ought to put a smile on your face. Be grateful you have a dealer that tries to make it right. All they really did was miss making a phone call, they do not control the transportation of new bikes. I'd say you got a killer deal and ought to apologize for any ill will towards the dealer personell..JMHO

Old 11-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

It was your lucky day .... you got a better deal than the majority of buyers I ever met ...

Old 11-14-2010, 04:01 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

I understand your frustration but in a sense, this delay made you get a much sweeter deal than the one you had accepted and IMO, it's a heck of a gesture from your dealer.
Honestly, what would have chosen, if the deal was offered to you when you signed? The bike yesterday without 5 extra years of warranty or the bike sometimes this coming week with it?
Be patient, a few more days ain't the end of the world.

Quick Reply: Total Disappointment